Technical Principal/ Engineering Manager
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Technical Principal in the Engineering Management Team within the Rail Division. Candidates will perform the roles of Contractors Engineering Manager, Project Engineer and DPE for clients such as Network Rail and HS2. Candidates will provide strong leadership and technical knowledge will be needed to provide excellence to varied set of rail clients including HS2, TFN, NR, TFGM, MerseyTravel and WYCA.
Candidates will undertake Engineering leadership role within the Rail Division and be appointed into key roles by the client including CEM, DPE, CRE and integration activity.
Candidates will be involved in a range of small to large scale railway projects which are industry and publicly high profile. The role will be demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. You will be required to work autonomously and within a growing team carrying out a full range of station design projects, large and small, from pre- GRIP stages to acceptance into service.
- 10 years plus experience in engineering leadership and delivery, educated to degree level of similar, chartered status desirable.
- Experienced and have a personal interest in Multi-discipline Railway Engineering which will be utilised in a broad range of railway engineering projects
- Experience in a range of Network Rail station project solutions as a CRE (Contractors Responsible Engineer) and CEM
- CEng, MICE or similar competency with National and European station design standards guidance and practice
- Experience of working in UK rail industry in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control
- Proven CRE and CEM experience with the ability to drive multi-disciplinary teams
- A strong technical focus
- Strong IT skills
- Experience of supporting and directing the engineering disciplines to provide a co-ordinated design
- Exceptional client care skills
- Capability to work to deadlines when required
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.