Senior Civils Design Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Who are we?
We are the Strategic Pipeline Alliance (SPA) and our purpose is to 'Make the East of England Resilient to the Effects of Drought.'
Comprising of Anglian Water, Costain, Farrans, Jacobs, Mott MacDonald and JN Bentley, we will operate as a fully integrated and collaborative Alliance with the aim of allowing our water resource to move more freely across the Anglian region by embracing innovation and new ways of working.
By delivering a smart and resilient transfer system through the delivery of pipelines, pumping stations and associated structures, we will be capable of delivering large scale strategic assets and complex systems to our current asset base by ensuring that these are digitally enabled.
The role is office and Remotely based.
What will you be doing as our new Senior Civils Design Engineer?
- Embedded within the SPA delivery team and responsible for a section of the design output.
- Monitor workload and liaise with Production Line Leads, Design Leads and other discipline Designers alongside this role.
- Produce innovative designs that deliver value for money whilst acting as a proactive problem-solver by applying engineering principles.
- Lead by reviewing the mandate and preparing a scope, methodology, programme and resource estimate for implementing the design stage of the project and design support during construction.
- Support the Solutions, Engineering and Production teams with pioneering ideas to gain efficiencies.
- Lead both the production and detailed design elements of either Civils pipelines, pump stations or break tank design.
- Mentoring graduate engineers in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Responsible for the development of technical solutions from concept selection through design development.
- Co-ordination of the production of construction drawings in CAD, BIM and GIS environment.
- Enable good information flow, e.g. via Technical Queries etc.
- Guide your team in producing designs which minimise safety risks in construction and subsequent maintenance.
- Work closely with team members to ensure project requirements are met.
- Embrace digital transformation throughout design, including the creation of a Digital Twin.
- Involvement in the interfaces with our GI, Utilities and Environmental teams.
- Liaison with Temporary Works Design.
- Develop commercial abilities in managing estimates, targets and forecasts for the design work.
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours….
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and have a track record in design of a section of the works.
- Understands the importance of design interactions from solutions, production and delivery.
- Able to challenge the norm.
What we can offer:
At Mott MacDonald Bentley you will be offered a competitive salary which is commensurate based on your experience. Our core benefits include:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- Life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual professional institution subscription costs
- Flexible benefits to suit you, including cycle to work scheme and interest free season ticket loans