Senior Engineer- Rail
Job Type: Full time
Senior Engineer- Rail
Responsibilities will include:
- Technical package leadership of civil engineering design projects,
- Delivery, checking and approval of feasibility, outline and detailed design packages,
- Managing and supervising engineers, technicians, and apprentices to deliver high quality deliverables,
- Contributing to effective project delivery through robust programme & resource management and change control on work packages,
- Adding value through innovation, challenging client requirements and focus on Minimum Viable Product,
- Mentoring engineers and apprentices in their professional development, and
- Contributing to tenders.
We are particularly interested in speaking to applicants who have experience in level crossing ground plan design.
The team operates an agile working policy with the expectation that around 50% of your time will be spent in the York or Sheffield office, fluctuating as required to suit business and individual needs.
- Broad experience in rail civil engineering design,
- Proficient in working in accordance with industry design standards, e.g. Eurocodes, BS, Network Rail, RGS,
- Technical expertise in civil engineering field,
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills,
- Ability to work both independently and closely with Design Team members,
- Ability and enthusiasm to provide technical supervision to engineers, technicians and apprentices,
- Ability to take full responsibility for design decisions and quality of deliverable / package, and
- Ability to solve complex problems independently within your field of expertise.
- CEng/IEng MICE/MIStructE,
- Previous CRE appointment,
- Experience in level crossing ground plan design,
- Experience of rail design delivery,
- Experience of design delivery on Design and Build projects,
- Experience in multi-disciplinary project delivery, and
- Other technical and design management skills that can add value to our team.
- Experience in bridge renewals and strengthening/repairs, and
- Proficient in operating BIM/CAD software packages for engineering purposes (e.g. model/drawing reviews, basic amendments, check/approval workflows).
Job Profile :
Mott MacDonald's North East Rail Civils team is part of the Rail Division in the Transportation Unit and is delivering a wide range of schemes for clients including Alstom, Amco Giffen, Babcock Rail, BAM, Colas Rail, Network Rail, Story Contracting, Siemens, and VolkerRail. Due to this, we are growing our team in Yorkshire.
Recent projects delivered by this team include Werrington Grade Separation and Northern Powerhouse Rail as well as various structure renewal and resignalling projects and level crossing ground plan schemes.
Upcoming works include major station upgrades, level crossing renewals, resignalling schemes, bridge renewals and strengthening schemes as well as nationally significant multi-discipline projects.
We can offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
An annual professional institution subscription
Enhanced parental leave
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Other Information :
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence