Human Resources Manager
Job Type: Full time
We're looking for a CIPD chartered/ qualified HR Manager. This is a generalist role in which you will act as professional lead and role model for HR practice, sharing knowledge and skills across the unit, and be responsible for the management of the HR team.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the unit leadership team as a trusted advisor for the escalation of any people related risks or initiatives related to people.
- Work with Resource Managers to encourage the development and careers of staff within the unit through the people agenda i.e. talent management, succession planning and learning initiatives.
- Take personal responsibility within HR for following company procedures and policies operating in accordance to risk and control processes.
- Ensure high levels of engagement throughout the HR team through positive relationships and collaboration within HR and across the HR community.
- Line management of HR team
- Support key regional or group HR activities as and when required.
- Lead, or work with Resource Managers on business-critical people initiatives relevant to the unit.
- Working with Resource Managers and the HR team to champion the people cycle within the unit i.e. annual reviews, merit bonuses, performance development reviews etc.
- Coach, challenge and support senior managers on general HR issues.
- Provide robust advice on all HR issues such as reward, talent and culture.
- Support in the provision of workshops relating to key HR topics i.e. development discussions, mental health awareness, talent management
- Employee engagement - understand the themes of the unit and work with the business to determine the appropriate action plans and drive commitments at unit level
- Work with the business to review and benchmark remuneration and benefits in line with the internal and external market
You will be chartered with experience in a management and leadership role. You'll have well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships and manage a variety of stakeholders, each with differing requirements and challenges. We are looking for someone who demonstrates commitment to principles, is able to challenge where appropriate and pursues objectives with determination. It's important that you can inspire trust and confidence and establish credibility through effective partnership skills by consistently delivering against commitments.
You'll also come with:
- Strong organisational and management skills combined with attention to detail
- Good planning, prioritisation, and problem-solving capability
- Good coaching and delegation skills
- Broad knowledge of HR practices and principles
- A strong focus on customer service and pragmatic delivery of HR services
- A motivation to engage in own continuous learning and development