Operations and Maintenance Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Operations and Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of specific asset type strategy documents and the subsequent review and acceptance stages by BBV and HS2. As required the engineer shall manage the input into this process by O&M Interface team members and shall coordinate the input from Discipline Leads and the asset design teams. As detailed designs progress up to completion the O&M Engineer shall develop, coordinate, author and manage the manuals relevant to the specific asset scope. Asset groups include: tunnels, bridges, earthworks, highways & drainage
A bit about the team
The Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Interface team is part of the Technical Interface Management team within the Mott MacDonald/Systra Design Joint Venture (DJV), employed by Main Works Civils Contractor Balfour Beatty Vinci (BBV) to design the Civils Assets on HS2 N1 N2.
The O&M Interface team is responsible for managing the progressive Operations and Maintenance review and input into the civils asset design process. The team is responsible for the development of asset type strategy documents as records of the O&M engagement during detailed design and inputs and guidance for ongoing design activity.
In parallel the O&M team shall develop manual templates, and as asset designs are completed the team shall develop asset type modules (based on the strategy documents) for the final O&M manual and manage the delivery of asset specific O&M manual content from the design teams. Completion of the team's work shall form part of the final handover of design package information to BBV, as O&M manuals for each asset are finalised and agreed.
What you will contribute to the team;
The O&M Engineer role, as part of the O&M Interface team, will involve a broad variety of responsibilities including, but not limited, to the following:
- Preparation and authoring of O&M documents; asset type strategy documents and asset specific manuals.
- Technical integrity, validation and completeness of documentation to meet O&M requirements.
- Researching, obtaining, collating and analysing relevant information from previous meetings/engagements for inclusion in O&M documentation.
- Managing and reviewing the output of O&M Interface team assistants.
- Collaborative working and coordination with relevant Design Discipline Leads to produce, review and agree each O&M document.
- Liaison with BBV and HS2 O&M teams for the review and agreement of O&M documentation.
- Timely completion of O&M documentation in support of design programme requirements.
- Provide support and manage workload within the O&M Interface team.
- Assist and support the Design teams - often working to tight deadlines - across all parts of the works.
- Work collaboratively to ensure a consistency of approach across all parts of DJV's works.
- Capture, and record, O&M Interface engagement with the Design teams, BBV and HS2.
You will have experience of a similar role in an engineering and construction environment with full exposure to major project work. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate a mixture of the following:
- Experience of Railway operations and the maintenance of Railway Civil assets, in particular, tunnels, bridges, earthworks and highway & drainage.
- Experience of design across a range of Railway Civil asset works.
- Proven capability to critically analyse technical information and validating integrity and relevance.
- Proven capability in the preparation and review of technical documentation.
- Strong attention to detail in the preparation and review of technical documents and supporting documents/files.
- Educated to degree level.
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (i.e., ICE, IET, IMechE, IStructE, APM).
- Chartered Engineer (or with equivalent/relevant experience).
- Experience in working on large engineering and construction projects and understanding of engineering processes on multidisciplinary design and build contracts.
- Experience of working with and applying the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Good analytical, organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload without supervision.
- Build successful relationships with others - within the O&M team, DJV design teams and across other organisations (BBV, HS2 etc.) during a project's lifecycle.
- Proactive attitude, a willingness to engage and adapt, and apply previous skills/experience to new (potentially unfamiliar) challenges.
- Ability to understand and work in accordance with the applicable project procedures.
- Ability to test, challenge and develop project procedures
- Familiar with common data environment principles.
- Working knowledge of MS Packages - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PowerBi.
- Working knowledge of ProjectWise System, or willingness to learn.
- Appreciation of document control processes.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.