Principal Product Manager
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Mott MacDonald Digital Ventures is at the heart of this revolution - transforming infrastructure at speed by connecting innovation to outcomes. We work across the globe with some of the biggest and most progressive clients, on the most exciting projects. We exist to empower lasting industry transformation, enable engineering innovation on demand through our Moata platform, and drive transformational growth through our partnerships - bringing the best ideas and innovations together.
A bit about the team
Our dynamic and diverse team ranges from information consultants, investment analysts through to product managers, software developers, data scientists and everything in between. At Digital Ventures we're not short on ambition, and we want our people to have genuinely exciting and fulfilling careers full of equal opportunities for growth, with a real sense of purpose through meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
As As Principal Product Manager, you'll need lots of energy, a great attitude and passion for world-class products.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Delivering a market leading product management capability, established both by doing and developing the wider team.
- Ensuring ongoing quality and continuous improvement within our product visions, strategies and roadmaps in the context of broader organisational strategies and goals.
- Translating product strategy into communicable roadmaps and deliberate development actions to achieve our vision, "engineering innovation on demand".
- Leading day-to-day management and empowerment of a team of Product Managers - including coaching, mentoring and resourcing the team.
- Incorporating data, research and market analysis to inform product strategies and roadmaps.
- Discovering the best way to deliver value to customers by collaborating on product discovery techniques, such as rapid prototypes, wireframes, mock-ups and running A/B tests.
- Leading on outcome-focused product roadmaps while prioritising epics, features and stories so that the development work is focused on maximum value in-line with strategy.
- Guaranteeing the voice of client wins the day in our development backlogs and that investment is value driven.
- Leading on success metric definition while capturing customer feedback.
- Championing product management best practices across immediate and wider team.
- Working closely with the subject matter experts to boost product domain knowledge.
- Developing, scoping and defining backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that guide the agile software development team, where appropriate.
- Working with the product teams to agree timelines, deadlines and release plans for the development of new features.
- Driving projects, products, and feature launches with teams both inside and outside of the team including: business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, finance, customer service, and operations.
- Supporting implementation of the Product Marketing campaigns to drive towards increased awareness, uptake, and generation of high-quality content i.e. case studies, thought leadership, user guides and website.
Candidate Specification :
Required for the position of Principal Product Manager;
Formal Education and Certification
- University degree in an engineering or a relevant discipline
- Product management certification or equivalent.
The successful candidate must be a team player and effective communicator, confident in their capability, whilst able to recognise areas for their development and that of the people around them. They should naturally be a strategic thinker with the ability to execute a strategy and develop business with clients, supported by the wider Mott MacDonald team. They must be able to think creatively and inspire others through the ability to paint a picture of the future for colleagues and clients alike, engaging at their level. They must also be highly adaptable in a multi-disciplinary environment with the ability to work across multiple products, services and teams
Essential skills and experience required:
- Proven experience as a product manager, with a minimum of 10 years' commercial experience working on software products.
- Track record of in-company progression.
- Proven experience in managing successful software which can be demonstrated at interview.
- Proven experience in agile product management.
- Proven experience in outcome driven roadmaps and customer-focused prioritisations.
- Demonstrated experience in product strategy development and excellently implementing it.
- Demonstrated understanding of product discovery, validation and delivery.
- Demonstrated success in launching digital products and services to market while onboarding clients.
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement and expectation management in a collaborative manner.
- Preferably experience in B2B software, the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) sector, providing software products via e-commerce / customer experience platforms, partner management and collaboration, supply chain management and coordination and product technology integration.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need