Location: City of Bristol
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are seeking an Project Manager who demonstrates a passion to work collaboratively with our client teams to deliver their complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety, sustainability and positive social outcomes.
At Mott MacDonald, we are dedicated to tackling our clients' toughest portfolio, programme and project challenges in order to achieve successful outcomes. We are a family of people excited to solve complex challenges that have a positive impact on the world, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
A bit about the team
Owning to the continued expansion within our built environment sector, we have exciting opportunities for project management professionals to join our fast-growing team in the UK. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in some of the most complex and challenging projects in the UK today. Within the Mott MacDonald family we are looking to attract the finest talent to be part of this journey as we mobilise for a number of key opportunities across a broad portfolio of both public and private sector programmes including education, healthcare, residential, blue light.
Many of the programmes are long term opportunities allowing you to grow and develop your career throughout
What you will contribute to the team;
- Ownership of and responsibility for the successful delivery of your project
- Preparing and maintaining schedules, including dependencies and resources
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and opportunities,
- Quality management processes for project activities and outputs
- Managing multiple stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing and maintaining project governance reviews, including responsibility for internal projects controls, such as work breakdowns, budgeting, risk management and earned value analysis
- Developing and managing teams, including coordinating multi-disciplinary teams
- Managing suppliers
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrate relevant project management and delivery experience within the built environment;
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of project management methodologies;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a larger team;
- Comfortable working as a consultant within a client environment;
- Relationship building skills ability to build strong relationships with clients, teams and stakeholders as well as an ability to build and maintain networks of business contacts;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication and organisation skills;
- Good analytic thinking and research skills;
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills and ability to continue to completion existing projects and initiatives;
- Essential soft skills include self-motivation; taking initiative; leadership, adaptability and flexibility; effective listening, collaboration; influence and persuasion, insightfulness; and
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field and/or hold a project management qualification (e.g. PMQ, Prince2)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Flexibility to travel and work in different sectors and clients
Desired qualifications and accreditations
- Member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM) or equivalent
- Chartership with a recognised body e.g. CIOB, RICS
- NEC3 or NEC4 Accredited Project Manager
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.