Associate Structural Engineer
Location: City of Bristol
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As an Associate Structural Engineer you will:
- Report to the Divisional Structural Resource Manager and line manage a number of individuals in your local area
- Demonstrate technical excellence in structural engineering, including concept, scheme and detailed design
- Model an exemplar, proactive and collaborative approach, working with architects and other disciplines to produce coordinated and elegant designs and reduce risks for design, construction and use
- Check and review civil and structural designs, including working with junior members of staff to develop their skills
- Develop relationships with clients, contractors and stakeholders to build our reputation for delivering high-quality solutions that meet our clients' needs
- Exercise technical, procedural and behavioural leadership, taking responsibility for driving work packages and outputs
- Support business development by building and developing client and contractor relationships and producing or contributing to proposals
- Apply best practice by minimising carbon through optioneering and design
Required for the position of Associate Structural Engineer;
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Chartered engineer status (MICE, MIStructE or equivalent).
- The ability to lead and coordinate production of high-quality engineering deliverables, such as option appraisals, drawings, calculations, reports, specifications and construction documents.
- Strong knowledge and experience of building design Eurocodes and relevant standards.
- Experience of using analytical/design software such as Robot, Etabs, Staad, CSC, RAM, Tedds and other design spreadsheets or tools
- Experience of specification preparation including the use of NBS Create or Chorus
- Familiar with model authoring tools such as AutoCad, Revit, Civils 3D, CADS RC
- Familiar with information storage, management and collaboration tools such as SharePoint, ProjectWise, 4P Viewpoint, BIM 360, Navisworks
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of relevant UK health and safety legislation and good practice, including roles and responsibilities under CDM Regulations 2015.
- Good commercial and contractual awareness
- Willingness and ability to coach or mentor others
- To be able to work in our Bristol office a minimum of two days per week
Preferred but not required;
- The ability to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in Health Care / Defence projects preferable (but not essential)
- Personal alignment with the Mott MacDonald core values of Progress, Respect, Integrity, Drive, and Excellence.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.