Senior Stakeholder and Public Liaison Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
The role advertised is within the Social and Stakeholder Team, part of the Environment & Social Division at Mott MacDonald.
We are looking for suitable individuals to fulfil key roles in our expanding Social and Stakeholder Team within the Environment and Social Division. You will develop and manage project-based stakeholder communications to ensure diverse stakeholder groups including local communities are fully informed of major infrastructure proposals on behalf of clients including government departments, local authorities, National Highways and HS2.
You will likely have five to eight years' experience of stakeholder communications, stakeholder and consultation and have an excellent understanding of relevant activities required to help progress major infrastructure projects from project start through to planning consent and construction.
- Developing and managing major infrastructure project stakeholder communications, engagement and consultation strategies
- Management of client relationships
- Leading development and maintenance of positive relationships within integrated project teams
- Engaging with project stakeholder managers to ensure stakeholder and customer views are understood
- Developing and managing positive stakeholder relationships
- Managing stakeholder objections
- Line management of members of the Social and Stakeholder Team
- Experience of stakeholder communications, stakeholder and consultation
- Extensive knowledge of major infrastructure planning legislation and how that applies to stakeholders
- High standard of verbal and written communications
- Attention to detail and good proofing skills
- Quality assurance experience
- Understanding of stakeholder messaging and effective channel use
- Strong management / interpersonal / people skills
- Ability to work in a fluid and fast environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people
About the business unit
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.