City Studio - NW Account Leader
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
This senior level role is responsible for guiding the growth of our portfolio in the North West of England, and contributing to the overall success and growth of the Studio as a whole. You will work under the line management of Cities Studio and will be part of the Building and Cities (BNC) business unit.
You will be expected to engage with our local City Leaders in the region, and contribute to the development City plans, and pursue opportunities in line with the wider strategic business objectives of the EUNA Region.
You will have the ability to rapidly establish an acute understanding of the local market environment and demonstrate sound business, financial, and growth centred management.
As a City Studio Account Leader you will have the following responsibilities:
- Nurture and drive the growth of key client and partner relationships in the North West, and influence and impact the growth and direction of the Cities Studio and the opportunities for the wider Mott MacDonald business
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across Mott MacDonald, acting as an exemplary role model and ambassador for Mott MacDonald internally and externally
- Engage with our City Leaders to align the work of the Cities Studio with opportunities and the overall strategic direction of the EUNA Region.
- Manage the winning and delivery of projects in compliance with established company policies and Business Management Systems as well as ensuring compliance with all relevant legislations and regulations
- Engage directly in the delivery of projects
We welcome applications from individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Have background in strategic planning/town planning or urban regeneration
- Proven experience of delivering projects of similar scope and scale to those of the Cities Studio
- Detailed appreciation of the associated market (with client organisations and/or contractors)
- Good people management skills, team oriented with the ability to work closely with peers, and the ability to delegate, motivate and empower individuals and teams
- Sound commercial acumen, ability to collaborate across cross functions
- Industry recognised figure or senior membership of a recognised relevant professional institution
- Degree qualified
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our workforce!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes