Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Calling All Project Managers, Design Managers, Consultants and Technical Advisors….
Are you looking for a new opportunity that aligns with your values and career aspirations?
Are you looking for a change in direction, feel you have reached a ceiling in your current career path, want to use your skills in a different manner? We would welcome applications from individuals in market sectors or professions with similar skills or experience to the Project Management title. Perhaps you work in Architecture, Engineering, Cost or Design Management, or another similar field.
And now we need you to continue this great work. But before we go any further…
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team of technical advisory and project management professionals in our Northern offices. Our Northern team of professionals focuses on public sector clients, primarily in the Northern region, but also nationally, and has a strong track record in the delivery of public sector projects through major frameworks.
We have a wealth of experience in supporting clients at the early stage of infrastructure and built environment projects. Our clients include national and local Government departments, developers, investors, and infrastructure operators.
As part of our commitment to creating social outcomes we partner with our key clients to improve the performance of their estates. This includes working with them to modify buildings to minimise energy demand and support net zero carbon operation, in order to address the climate emergency.
To support our ongoing growth and prospects pipeline we are looking to recruit Technical Advisors, Design Managers, Consultants and Project Managers, with expertise in technical advisory, design management and project management.
As a Technical Advisor you will lead a wider team in an entrepreneurial spirit, and have the autonomy and full accountability for the safety, quality and financial performance of your projects.
A typical week may include:
- Engaging with clients, end users, statutory bodies, and other key stakeholders
- Project programming
- Financial planning and management
- Contract administration
- Developing client relationships
- Working as part of a team of advisory consultants, and supporting other members of the team
Mott MacDonald are looking for Project Managers, Technical Advisors, Consultants and Design Managers to enhance our Advisory team, people who are leaders with the vision to see the way forward, the agile thinking to overcome the hurdles on the way and the compassion to ensure nobody is left behind. Sounds like you?
What we're looking for you to bring to Mott MacDonald:
- A positive 'can do' attitude, sense of responsibility and passion for collaborative working.
- Project management skills, including the ability to use relevant software, e.g., MS Project and the wider MS suite of applications.
- An ease with RIBA's Plan of Work and the technical aspects of built environment projects.
- An appetite for life-long learning, continual improvement and coaching your successors.
- Already a Chartered / Incorporated Professional in the Built Environment (or close to it), or desire to pursue this
- Experience in advisory type work, such as experience in:
- Working "client side" at an early stage in projects to develop scope, options appraisals and feasibility documents
- Supporting clients in setting project briefs
- Developing funding applications and business cases.
- Strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to develop relationships and communicate effectively, including with multiple stakeholders
- An appetite for continuous development and learning
- Previous consultancy background
- Previous experience of working in at least one of these sectors:
- Local Authority / Regeneration.
- A supportive working environment that prioritises your wellbeing, champions your professional and personal development and gives you many possible career paths.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.