Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Cities Consultant, you will be responsible for coordinating multidisciplinary teams for external clients across projects such as sustainable urban transport, public realm, master planning and urban development planning whilst working closely with other teams specialised in engineering, sustainability, environment, town planning, economics, cost consultancy and social. You will frequently collaborate with other consultants including architects, urban planners, creatives and land and property professionals. You will frequently participate in stakeholder engagement for clients.
- Prepare reports, presentations and other materials as necessary to deliver projects
- Provide technical input to projects including expertise in one or more aspects of cities (e.g. urban design, engineering, town planning etc), ensuring successful delivery of projects with focus on client satisfaction
- Support senior staff to coordinate multidisciplinary and multi-consultant teams, delivering services to clients, developing sustainable and deliverable solutions and implementing continuous improvement actions
- Support senior staff in the development and delivery of market and client strategies, in line with the overall Principal Account strategy and Divisional goals
- Support the process of winning work and driving business development opportunities with responsibility for managing opportunities and proposals
- Grow and maintain relationships with existing and new clients, the wider market and internal business contacts to influence and impact the growth and direction of the business
As an enthusiastic professional within infrastructure and the built environment, you have a background of delivering client-focussed services to dynamic multidisciplinary projects. You have technical experience in one or more aspects of cities, with an interest in broadening your skills and understanding across a range of others. You have skills or an interest in developing skills in project management, business development, sustainability, strategy development, creativity in the built environment and stakeholder engagement.
You are proactive and a great communicator with the ability to grow and nurture internal relationships, support networks and external contacts whilst striving to deliver technical excellence through tailored, innovative solutions to various clients.
Required for the position of Cities Consultant;
- A strong sense of personal responsibility for your work
- Creative problem solver with good critical thinking, inter-personal and motivational skills
- An interest in developing sustainable solutions for cities and towns in the West Midlands area
- An interest in the early stages of the project lifecycle - vision setting, strategy development, output definition and concept development
- A Degree (BSc, MSc, PhD or equivalent) within a relevant discipline, or a body of experience which demonstrates equivalence with degree-level education
- Chartered or Incorporated (or equivalent) with a relevant professional institution (e.g. RICS, ICE, CIHT, RTPI etc.), or on a clear path to chartership or incorporation (or equivalent)
- Experience in multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience guiding team members with an interest in the development of other professionals and skills
- An established or growing network with a range of clients, industry partners and professional institutions within infrastructure and the built environment
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.