CDM Health & Safety Manager - Rail
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As CDM Health and Safety Manager you will provide support ensuring that HSW Advisory projects are delivered to time, cost and quality and that are commercially successful. You will play a lead role in gaining trust with our internal, and external clients and key stakeholders, using experience, expertise, and knowledge to provide advice and guidance on Occupational Health that is easily understood, legally compliant and reflective of service objectives.
A bit about the team
Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisory (HSW) Services, part of the Advisory Unit, deliver solutions and advice to Mott MacDonald clients globally, we take an open and inclusive approach, aiming to be health and safety service provider of choice and to support our clients through innovation and professional excellence.
In the evolving discipline of health and safety, we are seeking applicants who can think laterally and search out the connections that others fail to make.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Jointly accountable with the other members of the Senior Leadership Team for implementing the HSW Advisory Business Plan
- Developing strong and robust internal, and external client relationships to support Win, Do and Learn phases of projects
- Proactively growing and developing all parts of the HSW business including service in response to organisational needs and HSW Advisory strategy
- Identifying health and safety opportunities and turning them into effective prospects
- Driving the bidding process, converting prospects into projects ensuring bids are technically and commercially sound.
Will be Agile working, nominally based at MM office a minimum of 2 days per week.
Required for the position of CDM Health and Safety Manager;
- Clear passion and understanding for CDM
- Registered Mott MacDonald Principal Designer Adviser
- Association for Project Safety - Certified Membership (CMaPS)
- Previous experience in implementing and leading CDM change programmes
- Chartered Practitioner, (or working towards)
- Practical working knowledge of CDM at an operational level
- Experience of construction high hazard environments
- NEBOSH diploma/Degree/NVQ in health and safety
- Experience within rail/HS2 sector required
Preferred, but not required
- Recognised Teaching capability
- ICE Health and Safety Register
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.