Senior Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Senior Project Manager, you will lead a wider team in an entrepreneurial spirit, and have the autonomy and full accountable for the safety, quality and financial performance of the project.
A typical week may include:
- Engaging with clients, end users, statutory bodies, and other key stakeholders;
- Project programming
- Financial planning and management;
- Contract administration;
- Developing client relationships;
- Working as part of a team of advisory consultants, and supporting other members of the team
Required for the position of Senior Project Manager;
- Already a Chartered / Incorporated Professional in the Built Environment (or close to it), or desire to pursue this
- Proven experience in advisory type work, such as experience in:
- Working "client side" at an early stage in projects to develop scope, options appraisals and feasibility documents;
- Supporting clients in setting project briefs; and
- Developing funding applications and business cases.
- Project management skills, including the ability to use relevant software, e.g. MS Project and the wider MS suite of applications.
- An ease with RIBA's Plan of Work and the technical aspects of built environment projects.
Preferred, but not required
- Previous consultancy background
- Previous experience of working in at least one of these sectors:
- Healthcare; and / or
- Local Authority / Regeneration.
- Strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to develop relationships and communicate effectively, including with multiple stakeholders.
- A positive 'can do' attitude, sense of responsibility and passion for collaborative working.
- An appetite for life-long learning, continual improvement and coaching your successors.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.