Project Controls Manager
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Project Controls Manager you will demonstrate a passion to work collaboratively with our client teams to deliver their complex projects to time, cost and quality with a commitment to safety.
A bit about the team
Our portfolio of energy projects offers an extensive range of programme support capabilities to energy agencies. Mott MacDonald are looking to hire project controls professionals in both the junior and mid-level band.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Analytical skills to prepare and critically evaluate performance measures (inc. earned value) and trends across multiple datasets
- Ability to focus on key issues, and drive out mitigating or recovery actions across the project
- Good people management and task facilitation skills
- Experience of implementing robust project controls processes and toolsets in relevant industries
Required for the position of Project Controls Manager;
- Educated to degree level and/or hold a project controls or management qualification (e.g. APMG Planning and Controls, EVM, PMQ, Prince2)
- Hold MOD security clearance (SC) or higher
- Flexibility to travel and work in different sectors and clients
- Experience of risk and planning required within this role
Preferred, but not required
- Demonstrate some project controls and delivery experience;
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of project control methodologies;
- Ability to effectively analyse project schedule and cost performance
- Knowledge and experience applying earned value management
- Risk management and reporting including the use of ARM
- Knowledge and proficiency with Primavera (P6) or Microsoft Project and/or other planning and resourcing software;
- Create and maintain project schedules that support and align with project requirements;
- Reduce uncertainty on projects by adapting project methodology;
- Project reporting including monitoring of KPIs;
- Undertake project reviews;
- Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge;
- Comfortable working as a consultant within a client environment;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.