Associate - Transport
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are seeking a Associate / Director level Project Manager to join our UK Cities Advisory team, to support the growth of Transport Orientated Development Team. Supported by our significant investment in digital technology, you will have the opportunity to act as an integrator, bringing together the diverse skills of our multi-disciplinary organisation, and that of our ecosystem, to help identify and implement solutions for our client's most complex challenges.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following:
- Ownership of and responsibility for the successful delivery of multiple large scale projects
- Experience in the successful delivery of built environment projects constructed in and around transport infrastructure
- Account leadership, including maintaining and growing customer relationships.
- Team Leadership, including mentoring and supporting the growth of a team
- Collaboration; Demonstrate the ability to support collaboration across internal and external teams to deliver successful outcomes
- Preparing and maintaining schedules, including dependencies and resources
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and opportunities
- Quality management processes for project activities and outputs
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing and maintaining project governance reviews
- Managing suppliers within our ecosystem
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrate relevant project management and delivery experience;
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of project management methodologies;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a larger team;
- Comfortable working as a consultant within a client environment;
- Relationship building skills -ability to build strong relationships with clients, teams and stakeholders as well as an ability to build and maintain networks of business contacts;
- Strong stakeholder management experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication and organisation skills;
- Good analytical thinking and research skills;
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills and ability to continue to completion existing projects and initiatives;
- Essential soft skills include self-motivation; taking initiative; leadership, adaptability and flexibility; effective listening, collaboration; influence and persuasion, insightfulness; and
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications.
- Educated to degree level and/or hold a project management qualification (e.g. PMQ, Prince2)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Flexibility to travel and work in different sectors and clients
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. You will be given the opportunity to apply through this scheme when making your application.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.