Project Information Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Project Information Manager
In this role you will be part of the project team and report to one or more project managers. You will also be supported by other Project Information Managers within the Division. Your principal accountabilities will vary depending on the services required by individual projects. Typically, you will be responsible for implementing and improving project information management systems, championing and defining the project information management and modelling strategies, challenging and leading project personnel, carrying out structured model quality and information audits, providing management and support functionality to ensure project and customer data requirements are met while undertaking digital scope and system deployments that are fit-for-purpose.
This responsibility covers elements of design model coordination and integration where required, across all functions and disciplines, such as:
- Engineering Production Systems:
- Design model and drawing authoring, co-ordination and production processes and systems
- GIS, CDM, 4D, 5D et al awareness and exposure
- Assessing federated model data quality etc.
- Project Systems:
- Project CDE, document management systems and dashboarding
- Project control systems
- Information management systems and processes (data integration, warehousing, and handover)
- Internal/third party systems.
You will steward and participate in the following activities dependent upon project size and type including but not limited to:
- Establishing project information documentation (BEP, LOIN, MIDP etc) and associated processes and governance
- Validating and assisting compliance with discipline information requirements and advising/assisting on non-compliance
- Interfacing with clients, design teams, stakeholders and contractors to implement BIM methodologies and best practice from strategy through to delivery
- Assessing the status of information management, identifying skills gaps and driving improved ways of working
- Implementing and enforcing common standards and work practices based on ISO 19650 and key client data requirements (i.e., National Highways GG184 and ADMM etc).
- Overseeing/assisting BIM co-ordination personnel regarding clash resolution and federated model data quality and advising lead modellers etc.
- Overseeing/assisting document control personnel regarding information flow and governance, overseeing project web/ SharePoint site production/ maintenance etc.
- Interfacing with system and data visualisation specialists
- Active representation on working groups and initiatives to support organisational digital transformation programmes
Demonstrable and successful relevant experience within the highways infrastructure or associated AEC sectors (in a relevant role with strong project execution experience)
Candidate should be qualified to degree level or above in an Engineering or Data Science related subject
Working knowledge of relevant British and ISO industry standards
The successful candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic and eager to play a part in a growing team. It is important that you can work autonomously, developing your own network and have good stakeholder management skills.
An understanding of data handover requirements typically associated with capital projects, and an ability to translate these as they apply to engineering and design systems
Experience in project systems management, project data management, and project document management within a project environment is required
Strong knowledge of methods for data-centric execution
Knowledge and experience of various data formats and languages
Broad working knowledge of systems related to the design, construction, and operation of capital projects, including engineering design systems, data and document management systems and project controls
A proven working knowledge of 3D model authoring software (e.g. Civil 3D & Dynamo), 3D model interrogation and clash detection software (e.g. NavisWorks), Common Data Environments (e.g. PW, B360, BC, Asite), business intelligence software (e.g. Power Platform), industry applicable programming languages, and requirement management systems
Desirable academic, qualifications, experience, competencies and skills:
Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally
Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
We are looking for a Project Information Manager to join our Highways and Intelligent Transport Systems business working as a member of the Project Leadership Team as an active and visible promoter of the use of existing and integrated, cost-effective and appropriate leading technology and processes in order to facilitate core business practices. The Project Information Manager provides effective communication and rigour regarding accurate data, documentation and information within a project environment utilising specified applications, technologies, processes, and tools to create a variety of information deliverables in accordance with client needs. Some BIM Management duties will also be required.
Mott MacDonald's Highways & Intelligent Transport Systems Division delivers services across the entire project lifecycle. Whether we are planning, designing and implementing new roads, or maintaining, managing, improving and operating existing highway networks, we deliver innovation, cost certainty and added value through collaborative working with clients and a culture of continuous improvement.
The Division is primarily based in the UK, delivering projects to clients such as National Highways, Transport Scotland, DfT, Contractors and Local Authorities. We specialise in design and construction, progressing schemes from option identification and appraisal through preliminary detail design to supervision of works on site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.