Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will have responsibility to manage Client's and Mott MacDonald obligations on interesting transportation projects. As part of the Core Team, you will work closely with the wider Advisory Project and Programme management teams to manage the project deliverables to the Client expectations.
A bit about the team
We operate in Highways, Rail, Aviation and Maritime. Our vision is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as 'credible' and 'preferred' for our existing and new clients.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Cost analysis, cost control and cost reporting activities on projects and programmes.
- Contract and procurement advice, setup activities and post contract management.
- NEC contract management, assessment of compensation events, review and agreement of defined cost including targeted auditing where required.
- Liaise with contractor and client counterparts on reporting, budgets, PO, invoicing etc and formally reviewing and submit contractual changes and early warnings on behalf of the project team.
- Analyse contractors' cost reports and extract required data for management reporting.
- Prepare and report cost engineering information & reports on a monthly basis and additional ad-hoc reports as required by Management e.g Cashflow, Actuals, Variance reporting.
- Manage supporting staff members where appropriate e.g Assistant Quantity Surveyors.
- Production of the Application for Payment including a critical review of time billed (e.g appropriate commentary, recoverable activities)
- Subconsultant due diligence, contract variations, payment and maintaining relevant documents.
- Action and lead queries on contracts and cost submissions from contractors, particularly in relation to two stage D&B contracts.
- Provide input and recommendations for cost engineering requirements.
- Organise, monitor and control project costs and will define project needs for cost control in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives, and company procedures.
- Complete final account/contract closure
- Review and analyse all claims and Change Orders on project contracts
- Review Early Warning Submissions
(APD) About the business unit
The advisory and programme delivery unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. You will be given the opportunity to apply through this scheme when making your application.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence