HR & Corporate Buyer
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Working with the business unit staff, the Category Manager (Corporate & HR) will plan and manage the timely sourcing and procurement of goods and services as required within the EUNA Region, using the company's tender process, aiming to achieve value for money for goods and services and, with the implementation of Service Level Agreements, a consistently acceptable delivery of service. In addition, the Category Manager will be responsible for coordinating regular supplier review meetings, with key stakeholders from across the business, to ensure suppliers work in accordance with their contracted terms and performance metrics.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of HR and Corporate category plans, leading relevant sourcing initiatives and ensuring spend under management is coordinated within the regional objectives. Categories include, but are not limited to Recruitment, Auditors, Solicitors, HR Services, Temporary Staff, Training, etc.
- Proven relationship builder, including senior stakeholders.
- Experience working within a Corporate or HR category environment
- Good HR or Corporate related contract experience is preferred.
- HR or Corporate services category expertise
- Aptitude to learn and follow regional procurement processes alongside Category knowledge.
- Operating within agreed company procedures, manage tender processes leading to the appointment of suppliers as required by internal stakeholders.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contract with suppliers.
- Liaise with stakeholders on a regular basis to understand their procurement requirements.
- Support stakeholders in identifying their specification of requirement for goods and services.
- Maintain a database of Approved Suppliers.
- Complete due diligence on all Corporate and HR suppliers.
Contract Management of Key Suppliers:
- Manage corporate and HR related suppliers through the life of their contracts, where there Is no contract manager available within the category.
- Monitor supplier performance against agreed Performance Indicators on a regular basis.
- Liaise regularly with internal stakeholders to assess their views of supplier performance.
- Meet with vendors on a regular basis to discuss performance and encourage innovation and contract development.
- Resolve stakeholder grievances and complaints against supplier performance.
- Resolve any financial disparity between the Company and the Supplier.
- Maintain records of meetings and discussions with Suppliers and Stakeholders.
Additional Category Support:
- Support other Category Manager's with internal enquiries.
- Maintain understanding of other key contracts and key contacts.
- Liaise regularly with EUNA Procurement team on updates and changes.
- Actively support the workload of the Procurement Administrator.
- Provide guidance and instruction on company procedures for tender processes.
- Guidance on stakeholder engagement.
- Support on any Invoice processing required.
- Actively promote the EUNA Procurement function to existing and potential stakeholders.
Extent of Authority:
Prioritising own workload; highlighting to stakeholders and EUNA Procurement Manager of actual or potential issues in relation to:
- timely completion of tasks;
- contentious issues relating to assigned tasks;
- quality of service provision to customers;
- concerns relating to performance of suppliers.