Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
This is an exciting and rewarding role for a dedicated and motivated Credit Controller. You should be able to cope with working to deadlines and have a flexible outlook on your work.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Pro-active credit control - contacting customers by necessary means to pursue payment of outstanding invoices - both in the UK and internationally. Focus on minimising DSO.
- Good understanding of the Working Capital, able to identify issues and either offer solutions or interact with the necessary key stakeholders to reach a prompt resolution where possible. Focus on minimising the Working Capital Days.
- Collaborative outlook to the collection process, involving stakeholders where necessary to ensure efficient and timely payments.
- Effective query management - ensuring queries are referred to the appropriate internal stakeholders and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Preparing monthly short-term cash forecast. Analysing and commenting on actual collections in comparison to the forecast.
- Preparation of meeting papers and attendance at monthly credit management meetings, providing up-to-date information on delinquent & queried debts and on the Working Capital overall.
- Prepare information to be included in management reports.
- Assisting with the identification of cash receipts and monitoring of unallocated payments.
- Sales ledger management - responsible for matching credit notes and keeping the ledger tidy.
- Undertaking credit checks on existing and prospective clients and interpreting the results.
- Other duties as directed.