Job Type: Full time
You will undertake electrical and ICA (EICA) design across all design stages of water and wastewater schemes both infrastructure and non-infrastructure as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Mott MacDonald work on design projects for many of the UK water utility companies, as well as providing specialist consultancy services to many regulated and industrial clients in the UK and overseas. You will provide critical support to our framework with Scottish Water, in addition to servicing our wider client base - interfacing with other technical disciplines to ensure the delivery of innovative solutions across a diverse range of municipal water and wastewater projects.
Your typical duties and responsibilities will include the preparation of and / or supervision of the preparation of drawings for plant general arrangements, power single line diagrams, cable block diagrams, instrumentation loop diagrams, P&IDs, control system architecture drawings, and cable, instrument, and I/O schedules up to detailed design level.
You will manage the interfaces and integration of the EICA design with that of other disciplines and produce documentation, including user requirement specifications / control philosophies, tender documentation (including particular EICA specifications), schedules and design reports to achieve the correct time / cost / quality balance for the project.
On occasions you will undertake asset condition surveys and attend factory and site acceptance tests to provide technical advice and guidance.
Furthermore, you will represent the company in client meetings, mentor junior team members, and provide technical and professional guidance to assist their development.
Candidate Specification :
- Preferably chartered with the IET or showing demonstrable progress towards chartership.
- Good technical knowledge of electrical and ICA (EICA) engineering and able to advise other disciplines regarding aspects of their design as it impacts EICA engineering issues
- Able to demonstrate a broad knowledge and experience in LV (HV would be an advantage) distribution systems, motor control centres / control panels, electrical installation practices, SCADA and telemetry systems
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of current instrumentation and communication protocols
- Ability to write and deliver clear and concise EICA design deliverables across all design stages of a project
- Having a working knowledge of the layout and interconnectivity of typical treatment works processes would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills to interact with other engineering disciplines and clients, and on occasions lead the team
- A team player capable of working with others to consistently deliver
- Willingness to contribute to and develop technical knowledge networks
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence