Senior Project Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Senior Project Manager in this technical role, you will be managing suppliers (Consultants and Contractors) from one of our Frameworks who will be appraising, designing and delivering flood risk management projects.
The role will involve managing costs and outcomes against forecasts and targets, quality assuring, and deliverables against scope of service documents that you will be producing.
There may also be the requirement to attend meetings at different locations and site visits if required.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Delivery on time within cost and to stated quality standards
- Ensure the embedding of sustainability principles
- Effective management of health, safety and wellbeing of all those engaged on the project
- Ensure the relevant safety management system has been employed
- Coordinate and manage contract requirements (NEC) relating to design solutions, construction and commissioning
- Be accountable for the expenditure, and overall out turn cost for the project including authorisation through specified governance
- Ensure effective communication and interfaces with the supply chain and procurement functions
- Active stakeholder management to clarify requirements and agree project objectives and priorities. Maintain stakeholder involvement in key decisions
- Manage project risk and opportunities effectively - take responsibility for the identification, allocation and management of the project risk and opportunities, taking effective mitigation measures to reduce risk
- Be accountable for the commercial objectives specific to the project - ensure necessary reporting & information is delivered on time, to the required standard
- Maintain excellent communications with the wider programme team
Required for the position of Senior Project Manager
- A degree in Project Management/Project Management training, relevant qualification with the APMP
- Microsoft Project Competence
- PSC & ECC Contract Management
- Experience of NEC contracts and their application
- Contract Strategy Knowledge & Experience
- Developing 5 Case Business Case Models
- Health & Safety Training such as CDM & CSCS Card
- Environmental Assessment Understanding & Experience
- Preparing Scope of Services for business case preparation, detailed design commissions and construction contract awards
- Risk Management Experience
- Stakeholder Engagement Experience
- Experience of managing projects, preferably within the Water & Environment sector
Preferred, but not required
- Understanding Hydrology & Hydraulic Modelling Principles
- Flood Damage Assessment & Economic Analysis
- Appraisal/Feasibility Assessment Knowledge
- EA Risk Training
- Evaluating Low Carbon Solutions
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.