Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Senior Electrical Engineer
You will undertake electrical and ICA (EICA) design across all design stages of water and wastewater schemes both infrastructure and non-infrastructure as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Mott MacDonald work on design projects for many of the UK water utility companies, as well as providing specialist consultancy services to many regulated and industrial clients in the UK and overseas.
Your typical duties and responsibilities will include the preparation of and / or supervision of the preparation of drawings for plant general arrangements, power single line diagrams, cable block diagrams, instrumentation loop diagrams, P&IDs, control system architecture drawings, and cable, instrument and I/O schedules up to detailed design level. You will manage the interfaces and integration of the EICA design with that of other disciplines and produce documentation, including user requirement specifications / control philosophies, tender documentation (including particular EICA specifications), schedules and design reports to achieve the correct time / cost / quality balance for the project.
On occasions you will undertake asset condition surveys and attend factory and site acceptance tests to provide technical advice and guidance.
You will also be involved with business development including providing specialist support to our account leaders and engineering practices. The role will require line management responsibility for a number of EICA engineering staff and you will play a key role in their professional development.
We are seeking a chartered electrical engineer who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Good technical knowledge of electrical and ICA (EICA) engineering and able to advise other disciplines regarding aspects of their design as it impacts EICA engineering issues
- Able to demonstrate a broad knowledge and experience in LV (HV would be an advantage) distribution systems, motor control centres / control panels, electrical installation practices, SCADA and telemetry systems
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of current instrumentation and communication protocols
- Ability to write and deliver clear and concise EICA design deliverables across all design stages of a project
- Having a working knowledge of the layout and interconnectivity of typical treatment works processes would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills to interact with other engineering disciplines and clients, and on occasions lead the team
- A team player capable of working with others to consistently deliver
- Willingness to contribute to and develop technical knowledge networks
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions
- Flexibility to travel within the UK and overseas would be advantageous to help support our UK and international workload
We are looking for a talented senior electrical engineer to play a pivotal role within our water and wastewater treatment design team that is spread across several offices in the UK. This team is responsible for projects from feasibility to detailed design for our domestic clients and for providing support to colleagues across our global business. It offers the best opportunities to get involved in diverse and technically challenging work as well as access to industry recognised experts in many fields, providing valuable support and career development opportunities.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognition's.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
Recent changes have highlighted the great benefits that agile and home working brings to the team and individuals. We are keen to use this accelerated change in the way we work for greater productivity, flexibility and happiness.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing both flexible and home working at interview stage.
We can offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
An annual professional institution subscription
Enhanced parental leave
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.