Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Are you looking to take your next steps in the world of proposals management and business development? Do you like to be in the middle of everything, talking to everyone, joining all the dots?
We are seeking a motivated bidding professional to join our London and South-East WIN Team. As a member of the team, you will contribute to winning bids across the region. This role is initially supporting Maternity cover, with the possibility to transfer into a permanent role, and would ideally be available to start in January 2023.
You will work in, sometimes lead, and often chase many different teams for bids and business development activities with typical responsibilities including:
- Coordinating bids, including programme, meetings, compliance and uploading, reporting to the Bid Manager
- Compiling company information to support pre-qualification questionnaire submissions
- Creating graphic design and layout for bid submissions
- Collating information, including text and images, for technical responses to bids
- Proofing and checking bid documents before final submission
- Undertaking market research in relation to trends, opportunities, prospects and competitors
- Working with colleagues in opportunity capture, knowledge management and bid strategy development
- Populating and monitoring CRM system, running reports and interrogating data
- Supporting business development colleagues in different markets and locations in building strong client relationships
- Scheduling meetings, managing invitations and attendance
- Capturing and updating all of the above and much more on our intranet, bids and projects sites using SharePoint.
The minimum criteria:
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint. InDesign also an advantage.
- APMP certification or desire to achieve.
Skills to set you apart. Here's a little bit more guidance on what our ideal candidate will look like.
We want to hear from candidates from diverse backgrounds and we understand that not every career path looks the same. So, if you don't tick every box, it doesn't mean you won't be right for this role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate compelling technical / marketing copy by pulling together inputs from numerous sources
- Good proofreading capabilities, with an eye for detail.
- Excellent organisational, planning, time management and administration skills
- Experience in graphics packages like InDesign (Creative Suite), or at least an appetite to learn
- Ability to work in a virtual environment, be self-sufficient and proactive
- Naturally curious, a questioner, with a thirst for learning
Flexibility. Bidding is a very reactive discipline, which means we have to adapt to what is being asked of us from both our clients and our internal stakeholders. You'll need to be flexible in taking on different tasks every day and not be fazed by inevitable last-minute changes and tight deadlines. Organisational ability is a must, and you will be able to multi-task, prioritise and switch between duties with little trouble.
Best of both. Collaboration and independence. As we're a small bidding team, it's critical that we all know how to work together, as so much of what we do is collaborative. Your colleagues - both in the bidding and marketing team and in the wider business - will look to you for support and guidance, and it will be your responsibility to work with them to find solutions. On the flip side, there are times when you'll be working on bids and marketing and business development assignments on your own, so you'll need to be confident about working independently and taking initiative.
Be a part of a team. Every proposal or marketing campaign we complete creates a new team of different people. It's really important that you're a people person, keen to learn how to connect with different types of people at all levels of seniority. Since this position is often used as a liaison between corporate departments, you'll be someone who can communicate effectively and be comfortable supporting the WIN Team Lead in managing bids and BD/marketing tasks, delivering on time.
Personal development. You might not currently work in the construction sector, take it from us you'll love it and we'll support you in learning about our industry through internal mentoring. Marketing, business development and bidding are exciting but can be complex, so it's important that you understand our internal processes as well as the marketplace. In return for your commitment to personal development, we'll make sure you have all the support you need to develop in your career.
An eye for detail.You'll often be asked to proof-read documents and sense-check our proposals before they go to our clients. We'd like you to like words, and have an eye for detail, spotting and amending errors before documents are submitted. Even better if you are equally creative with graphics design and production!