Senior Engineer - Signalling
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Senior Engineer - Signalling
Based in either of our York, Glasgow, Sheffield, Manchester or Birmingham offices, you will be responsible for the provision of professional signal engineering input throughout the complete project lifecycle (GRIP 1-8) with a particular emphasis on GRIP 3, 4 and 5 design.
Responsibilities may include, on a project by project basis:
The provision of signal engineering input into: feasibility studies/option analysis/scheme appraisal; scheme development; detailed design; project engineering; deputising for the Contractor's Responsible Engineer as required
Delivery of engineering (design and consultancy) specific tasks
Contribution to the engineering input to multi-disciplinary railway engineering (design and consultancy) projects
Observation of company quality, health and safety, environmental, commercial and project management disciplines and procedures, as relevant to tasks undertaken
We will need you to have most of the experience listed below:
- IRSE 1.1.510 Signalling Designer; (required)
- IRSE 1.1.550 Signalling Principles Designer; (required)
- IRSE 1.1.160 Signalling Design Verifier; (preferable)
- Ideally a suitable rail industry recognised qualification (ONC/OND/HNC/HND)
- Proven experience in signalling design and engineering management within a consultancy environment.
- Ability to plan and produce compliant signalling schemes with minimum supervision
- Detailed knowledge of signalling principles, circuit design and operation, signalling components and the implications of working with other disciplines
- Able to demonstrate IT literacy, especially in the use of CAD systems
- Must be a good team worker and decision maker
- Possess organisational and interpersonal skills
- Be customer focused and able to work to programme delivery timescales
We promote an agile working policy and the role will require some travel, occasional overnight stays and potential secondments.
Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering, and development consultancy with a $2billion business spanning 140 countries with over 16,500 staff in sectors such as transport, energy, buildings, water and the environment, health and education and industry and communications.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognition's.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
An annual professional institution subscription
Enhanced parental leave
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.