Senior Airport Planner
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Senior Airport Planner, you will be part of a dynamic team, actively participating in the delivery of airport planning assignments across the world and for a large variety of airports and clients.
A bit about the team
The aviation team takes great pride in its diverse workforce - in fact we feel that cultural and personal diversity is one of the key strengths of our team. Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunity employer, and we do value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and we take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Our aviation team consists of planners, engineers, project managers and analysts with over 20 different nationalities, working together to deliver world-class airport consultancy services to our clients. We provide planning, engineering and analytical services for all sizes of airports: ranging from small regional facilities to some of the biggest and best airports in the world, including London Heathrow, Hong Kong International Airport, Singapore Changi and New York JFK. As one of the world's most experienced aviation consultancies, our client portfolio includes airports, governments, civil aviation authorities, airport companies, equity investors and providers of debt finance.
Our mission is to always connect globally, seek and open opportunities for clients and continue supporting the future growth of our aviation sector. As such, it is not uncommon that during your time with Mott MacDonald you may be required to travel overseas or be seconded to another office for project related work.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Contribute to and/or lead the delivery of airport planning tasks in a variety of international projects.
- Coordinate, supervise and/or deliver airport planning & capacity solutions as part of airport master plans and development projects, covering airfield, apron, terminal, landside, utilities, ancillaries.
- Act as Project Manager for minor and medium-sized projects or workstreams involving airport planning activities.
- Have the opportunity to learn from more experienced planners & technical directors with extensive international experience.
- Liaison with clients and/or key project stakeholders.
- Assist in and coordinate the production/submission of proposals.
- Collaborate with and learn from other disciplines in our aviation team, including airfield engineering, transaction advisory, forecasting, project & asset management, and business planning.
Required for the position of Senior Airport Planner: You will be a motivated professional with a genuine passion for the aviation industry and a desire to make a difference in the world, with a special appreciation for sustainability.
To apply for this position, you must have the following:
- A degree in aeronautical engineering, civil engineering, architecture, air transport management, or airport planning. Candidates with economics, sustainability, finance or business-related studies may also be considered.
- Demonstrable professional experience in one or more technical field(s) within airport planning (airfield & apron, operations, terminal, landside, utilities, airspace, etc.) is required.
- Chartership is not essential to apply for the role but would be preferred for a candidate who is on a professional institution accreditation path.
We are looking for candidates with the following characteristics:
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel (Power BI desirable).
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D. Other software including AviPlan, Infraworks, Navisworks, Revit and/or 3D visualisation tools will be favourably considered.
- Working knowledge of simulation & modelling tools for airfield and terminal facilities will be favourably considered
- Proactiveness and eagerness to learn.
- Embrace and foster teamwork as part of a multi-disciplinary team and a diverse range of projects.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and critical thinking, with the ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Ability to work under a flexible (agile) working arrangement both in office and remotely.
- Ability to manage and supervise small projects or workstreams, including resources across different disciplines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to manage and supervise more junior staff members, including the ability to train them in developing new skills.
- Demonstrable capabilities in project management/coordination, programme management and commercial acumen.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, being able to produce accurate technical drawings and professional reports.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes