Assistant Contract Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Assistant Contract Manager
Under the supervision of the Commercial Manager, the Contract Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Provide contractual / commercial support to project teams and prepare correspondence to contractors on contractual / commercial matters
- Act as a liaison between project delivery teams and the wider commercial team
- Provide support to project delivery teams in dealing with contractual and financial aspects throughout the project
- Support the project managers with promoting 'best practice' when undertaking contract administration
- Prepare responses to contractual correspondence from clients and sub-consultants
- Prepare variations to contracts
- Prepare contract documents for sub-consultants
- Develop in depth knowledge of NEC PSC3 & 4 as well as in house forms of contract
- This role will work closely with the project manager, and the wider commercial team, in all aspects of delivery.
- This role is suited for those candidates who wish to develop into a Contract Manager or Contract Administrator and are looking for an environment that they can develop in, with the appropriate support provided.
You are likely to come from one of the following backgrounds:
i) Engineering (ideally civil) with and interest in project / contract management
ii) Quantity Surveying (QS) or Law graduate
You need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of contract and commercial management
- Strong ethical principles
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve key issues and blocks to progress or agreement
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Diligent and thorough with an excellent attention to detail.
- Effective time management and able to demonstrate adding value to projects
- If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Contract Manager to support the project management of our ongoing projects in our Metros & Civil Division.
The division comprises over 600 professional staff, primarily based in our Croydon office. We provide thought leadership, high quality design services, and advisory services to wide ranging engineering projects and Clients. These range from major infrastructure projects in the UK and around the world, such as high-speed rail, port and bridge developments, to working as expert witnesses and coastal policy.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager in the Metros and Civil Division in the Transportation Unit, the role will provide technical support and inputs on contracts and commercial management for a wide range of civil engineering disciplines across transportation and infrastructure. This covers a wide and varied range of engineering design projects, including some of the largest and highest profile infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas. We support clients including private and public sector as well as a large portfolio of Design & Build (D&B) contractors.
We help conceive, drive, and implement transport solutions for cities, regions, and asset owners/operators around the globe. From preparing the business case and advising on related issues - such as revenue, procurement, and environmental legislation - to delivering the completed infrastructure and helping maintain it. Our planning, engineering, environmental and management skills cover the whole project cycle. We play a major role in developing and delivering the Global Transport Sector Strategy.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.