Director in River Engineering
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are seeking a driven, highly experienced individual who wants to make a leading contribution to river engineering. As a director, you will be responsible for setting the direction of our river engineering initiatives in the UK and overseas covering smart and sustainable solutions to flood risk management, river restoration, river realignments, erosion protection, fish pass design and flow control.
Typical duties would include:
- Building senior level global networks with clients, universities and partners, representing the company in technical and consortia meetings.
- Collaborating closely with Mott MacDonald's account leaders to capitalise on opportunities within our key client organisations.
- Being established as an identifiable figurehead for the river engineering community within Mott MacDonald and the wider water sector, harnessing our existing expertise in river engineering and collaborating with our specialists in hydrology, geomorphology, ecology and beyond.
- Leading projects and bids, providing expert guidance to support project delivery.
- Preparing thought leadership articles and presenting papers at industry conferences.
- Driving knowledge-sharing and innovation through training and empowering others
- Mentoring and developing others, providing guidance to support their professional development.
- Promoting a vibrant health and safety culture and practice.
- Driving continuous improvement in project delivery.
- Mott MacDonald offers a highly innovative and collaborative environment within which to further develop your career. We can offer development in technical, management or client-facing directions. You will have control of your own career path and great prospects for career progression as the business continues to grow.
We are looking for a director with a proven track record in river engineering. The ideal candidate would be a highly experienced professional, being a recognisable water industry figurehead in river engineering, including:
- Relevant degree qualified
- Substantial professional experience of river engineering / river restoration / flood management and / or hydraulic structures
- Chartered with a relevant professional institution
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent client relationship management
- Able to check and review work of others to provide quality assurance and drive continuous improvement in work delivered to the client
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Job Profile :
Our highly successful water consultancy business is servicing ever-increasing demands from water sector clients. As a result, we have an opportunity for a director with specialist knowledge in river engineering to join our established, and growing team in the UK.
Our team designs smart and sustainable solutions to flood risk management, river restoration, river realignments, erosion protection, fish pass design and flow control. We are looking for candidates with the drive and skill to work collaboratively to deliver vital projects for improving the fluvial environment and spearhead our strategy for growth in the river engineering discipline.
Clients such as the Environment Agency, water utility companies, HS2, contractors and international development agencies trust us to deliver their schemes, and we are looking for a director to help us reward that trust.
About the business unit
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.