Principal Bridge Engineer- Rail
Location: South Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Principal Bridge Engineer- Rail
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
This role is working in a fast-growing team that delivers a wide range of Rail Bridge and Civil Schemes. The team prides itself in utilising long established relationships with clients and contractors to successfully deliver the most challenging briefs with innovative engineering solutions.
Lead teams in the delivery of high profile enhancement schemes, bridge renewals and strengthening;
Development and management of contractor relationships
Innovative concept design and detailed design of all aspects of railway infrastructure, with a focus on Rail Bridges and lineside civils
Appointment as Contractors Responsible Engineer and CEM
Mentoring, educating and inspiring our high performing graduates
Develop links with local universities
Candidate Specification :
- Extensive experience in leading teams in the design and Assessment of rail bridges, footbridges and other lineside Civils infrastructure;
- Minimum 5 years post chartership experience;
- BEng/MEng Civil Engineering or comparative equivalent
- Chartered Member of professional institution (ICE or IStructE)
- Demonstrable experience in the commercial management of projects;
- Production of proposal documents with success in winning work;
- Extensive track record of leading teams in the delivery of detailed bridge designs in a D&B market;
- Track record of leading teams in the delivery of F001/2/3 submissions, Assessment Reports and other key deliverables;
- Demonstrable track record of managing quality through checking, peer reviews and day to day mentoring of staff;
- Knowledge of Rail Group and Company Standards, in particular engineering assurance;
- Advanced knowledge of Bridge design, analysis and remedial work, including FE analysis (including non-linear and dynamics), grillage analysis and associated software;
- Extensive experience in the design of steel and RC Concrete
- Estensive knowledge of CDM and CSM;
- Established relationship with Network Rail PEs and DPEs;
- Established relationship with Network Rail approved contractors
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
We help conceive, drive, and implement transport solutions for cities, regions, and asset owners/operators around the globe. From preparing the business case and advising on related issues - such as revenue, procurement, and environmental legislation - to delivering the completed infrastructure and helping maintain it. Our planning, engineering, environmental and management skills cover the whole project cycle. We play a major role in developing and delivering the Global Transport Sector Strategy.
Mott MacDonald are seeking experienced Rail Civils / Bridge Engineers to join our team based in Altrincham and Manchester. Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse employee-owned management, engineering and development consultancy serving the public & private sector around the world. Our ownership model enables us to develop and drive a unique culture of innovation, high performance and personal development - our investment in individuals cannot be rivalled. We have technical expertise across 12 core sectors supported by skills encompassing infrastructure finance, project and programme management and management consultancy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture and are seeking a high calibre, Chartered Civil Engineer to grow our established team and support the delivery of prestigious railway projects across the North West of England.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.