Senior Sustainability Advisor - BREEAM
Location: South Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Senior Sustainability Advisor the successful candidate will join the established sustainability and building services team in our Sheffield office and will be involved in a wide range of projects including Healthcare, Defence, Prisons, Education, Rail, Industrial and Commercial.
You will be responsible for two other Sustainability Advisors, programming their workload, reviewing their performance, and managing their personal development.
Your responsibilities will primarily involve:
- Leadership of all BREEAM and similar assessments in the north of England for Mott MacDonald
- Supporting multidisciplinary project teams in delivering designs to meet BREEAM targets of the highest ratings
- Providing sustainability consultancy to clients at early stages of design, supporting planning statements and other client aspirations
- Assisting with the preparation of bids and sustainability-specific marketing materials
- Technical analysis of energy and sustainability strategies
- Analysing and reviewing sustainable and healthy construction materials
- Producing high quality reports
- Reporting to the project managers and directors on a regular basis about project status
- Mentoring and helping junior colleagues
- Coordinating financial management of the projects with other team members
- Working closely with other MM regional offices in the north of England (Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester and Liverpool), further UK offices and international offices
Being able to manage internal and external stakeholders is key to this role, as well as managing your own time inputs and that of the team within budgets and prioritising workload.
This will be a client-facing role and will be heavily involved in design team meetings and lead workshops where you will be expected to provide advice on sustainability and sustainable design issues.
The role will require a passion for sustainability and for continuous learning in an ever-evolving field.
A bit about us
The Mott MacDonald Group is a dynamic and innovative multi sector management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. With 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of projects across all sectors we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions.
We are one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world; our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division
The Sheffield office is part of the Northern Division of Mott Macdonald and hosts a variety of engineering disciplines. The office is very modern, and conveniently located within walking distance of Sheffield city centre and train station. Although a member of the Sheffield office team you will work alongside colleagues from many of our other offices to deliver exciting and challenging projects throughout the UK.
Key criteria required for the role:
- Licensed BREEAM Assessor and AP, in projects successfully achieving Outstanding rating at completion.
- Degree or equivalent in an environmental sustainability topic and/or building sciences.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Demonstrable knowledge of climate change legislation and environmental policy.
- A keen interest in sustainability and net zero, and positive about change.
- Familiarity with building design and expertise in at least one relevant discipline.
- Proven ability to organise and plan time and work for self and others.
- MS Office competence.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to articulate technical requirements of BREEAM and similar schemes to others.
- Ability to read and understand technical reports and drawings.
- Eligible for security clearance.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our workforce!