Location: County Durham
Job Type: Full time
As a Civil Engineer for Mott MacDonald Bentley you will be working in a creative and challenging environment, delivering a wide range of projects across our Northumbrian Water, Yorkshire Water and United Utilities frameworks. Responsible for the delivery of efficient and sustainable solutions, you will work within a multi-disciplinary project team in the delivery of water and wastewater treatment solutions from inception through to completion of construction.
As a member of Mott MacDonald you will be able to draw on the experience and support of a prestigious corporate employer with over 16,000 staff world-wide. Working within our MMBC Unit your projects will also benefit from the early contractor involvement that comes from our fully integrated JN Bentley construction delivery teams, where you will provide solutions that are practical, safe to build and safe to operate.
Our flexible working environment will allow you to work from home, office and on site to suit your needs and the needs of your projects, and we will provide you with the support you require to develop personally and professionally in a dynamic Design-and-Construct environment.
Your work as a Project Civil Engineer will include the following activities:
- Supporting the Project Leader in the outline and detailed design of multi-disciplinary water and wastewater schemes for our Northumbrian Water, Yorkshire Water and United Utilities framework clients.
- Development of efficient and sustainable engineering solutions, meeting the requirements of the project scope.
- Applying both innovative and standard designs to project problems.
- You will support the work of more junior staff and encourage their development.
- You will work closely and collaboratively with the construction team to develop efficient, practical and safe solutions throughout the design stages, into construction and beyond.
- You will positively engage with the Client, managing relationships and adopting a One-Team approach to support them in achieving their aims.
- You will provide design support to the site team during the construction stage and will be integral in contributing towards successful project close-outs and post-project reviews.
Whether a new graduate or more experienced career professional, we will support your development in technical, management or commercial/client-facing directions, or a combination thereof - you will have control of your own career path.