Senior Pipeline Engineer - Intake and Outfall Specialist
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Senior Pipeline Engineer - Intake and Outfall Specialist
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Senior Pipeline Engineer, specialising in intakes and outfalls, you will be a key part of our multidisciplinary team of technical specialists, delivering projects in close partnership with clients and contractors. You will lead the technical design of innovative and sustainable solutions to address leakage challenges, cleanwater provision and sewage disposal across our client's water networks.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing guidance and technical leadership across our programmes throughout the project lifecycle, from feasibility studies through to detailed design and construction support
- Leading the delivery of wastewater and/or potable water pipeline schemes to budget, programme and quality standards
- Developing engineering solutions to both landside and underwater pipelines, offshore intake designs, long sea outfalls and diffuser designs.
- Proactive management of design risk to deliver constructable design solutions
- Producing and reviewing engineering calculations, specifications, drawings and reports
- Supporting continuous improvement of procedures and processes to drive efficiency and innovation, contributing to the application of our digital engineering initiatives
- Directing and developing a team of design staff, supporting their professional development
- Engaging regularly with the Client and stakeholders to build and maintain positive collaborative relationships
- Working collaboratively across disciplines to ensure the efficient delivery of projects within your portfolio
- Contributing to commercial success through forecasting and risk management, and the production of bids and proposals
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Pipeline Engineer with the following attributes:
- Chartered or Incorporated Civil engineer
- Significant technical experience in clean / potable water pipeline design and wastewater network and associated infrastructure design
- Knowledge and experience of pipeline material selection procedures and corrosion protection systems, structural design procedures for both landside and underwater pipelines, offshore intake designs, long sea outfalls and diffuser designs
- Experienced in analytical methods used for offshore hydrodynamic assessment and on-bottom stability analysis for underwater pipelines etc.
- Familiar with trenchless pipeline installation techniques (HDD, tunnelling), pipeline condition assessment and rehabilitation techniques
- Proven ability to lead a portfolio of technical projects, ensuring compliance with relevant quality assurance and technical standards and support the development of less experienced staff
- Significant UK water infrastructure experience
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary water pipeline and networks projects with other technical disciplines including environmental specialists, geotechnical, structural, electrical and mechanical engineers
- You will have a good understanding of designers' responsibilities under CDM
- Proactive approach, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to be able to enter into technical discussions in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, to colleagues, non-technical staff and clients
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions
- Use of offshore codes such as DnV, BS PD 8010 will be considered an advantage
- Able to travel to other offices and sites, as required
- Understanding of pipeline commissioning, and clean water pipeline survey techniques
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
The Water Consultancy Division is the centre of excellence within Mott MacDonald for responding to water and wastewater delivery capability challenges, providing support to colleagues across our global business, and offering the best opportunities to get involved in diverse and technically challenging work. Our team continues to grow off the back of our sustained success in both the domestic and international water sector, for major utility companies and on high profile capital schemes.
We are looking for a Senior Pipeline Engineer who would contribute and lead on a variety of pipeline and offshore intake/outfall projects. The selected candidate would be part of our Pipeline & Networks team and will be required to lead delivery and/or contribute as a technical specialist on projects with particular focus on the following:
Riverine and offshore deep sea intake systems, long sea outfalls and other forms of underwater pipeline designs
Conveyance pipelines, water supply distribution networks, sewerage collection systems.
Get in touch if you want to know more and are keen to be involved in the development of innovative solutions to solve these very real challenges.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
An annual professional institution subscription
Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes