Location: Aberdeen City
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Are you an experienced Office/Facilities professional seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work as part of a national premises support team?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
A bit about the role:
As an Office Manager, you will be focused on operational activities for the office ensuring staff and visitors enjoy a great experience when attending our premises. As Office manager you will be responsible for compliance with all mandatory compliance under Mott MacDonald's Business Management System, namely health, safety, security, information security and office environmental management.
This position covers both our Aberdeen and Inverness Office and will involve a minimum of two visits each month to the office that is not your home base. Our ideal candidate can be based near Inverness or Aberdeen and the posts' part time hours can be flexible to suit the right person
Reporting directly to the Area Premises Manager your duties will include but not limited to -
- Ensuring the office complies with Group standards and local legislation
- Arranging emergency procedures including fire, security and first aid
- Retaining all relevant records for three years
- Assisting the Office Director with the production of the Office Continuity Plan
- Assisting with room set up enquires and ensuring equipment work smoothly
- Assisting with new employee right to work checks
- Ensuring office remains well stocked of all items needed
- Undertaking office risk assessments
- Reviewing office risk assessments after substantial changes or at least annually
- Identifying hazards and completing actions to mitigate their risk.
Health, Safety and Security, Information Security and Environment
- Ensuring staff and visitors are made aware of, and follow, Health, Safety and Security procedures in the office
- Managing and controlling staff, visitor, and contractor entry to the premises
- Ensuring all accidents and near misses, plus Health, Safety and Security, Environmental and Information Security incidents are reported
- Ensuring all reported incidents are recorded and investigated appropriately
- Cooperating with Safety Managers in monitoring Health, Safety and Security and Environmental performance
- Undertaking an annual Environmental Impact Assessment
- Updating office procedures for Health, Safety and Security, Environment and Information Security annually, in line with Group objectives, and arranging the publication on Compass
- Liaising with local enforcement bodies as necessary
- Making sure the office has appropriate first aid and fire warden cover
Outside Services Suppliers
- Procuring office services and supplies using centrally preferred supplier lists and providing feedback on performance
- Undertaking monthly inspections of the office, using Monthly Office Inspection Checklist, recording and acting upon findings
- Monitoring progress of improvement actions and review actions undertaken and impact annually
- Managing staff awareness of office improvement actions and raise awareness of requirements through communications and publicity campaigns