Job Type: Full time
This is an opportunity for an experienced, qualified and enthusiastic Project Management professional to join our Rail Project Management team. This opportunity is within our market leading team of more than 30 staff dedicated to effective delivery of Rail projects and forming part of a company-wide technical practice.
As a member of the Project Management you will work within a team developing and delivering Rail projects from inception to handover and completion; This will include scheme definition, feasibility, design development, procurement and Contract Administration.
Your role will require you to liaise closely with multiple stakeholders and clients, co-ordinate multi-disciplinary design teams, draft and manage the production of reports and tender documents, monitor cost and schedule and manage the Health & Safety and Quality Assurance aspects of projects.
You will be confident in contributing to a technical team and as a key member of a project team, liaising directly with the client, project sponsors and key stakeholders when necessary.
- Post graduate experience of working on construction industry projects in design and project management.
- Attained a Project Management Qualification and working towards chartership or recently chartered of a recognised construction industry institution
- Experience in chairing internal and external meetings, including client and stakeholder meetings.
- Effective time management and project planning skills.
- Experience and ability to prepare detailed project programmes
- Experience of successful delivery of projects to programme
- Experience of implementing and operating multiple projects in line with integrated quality, safety and environmental management systems.
- Ability to set up, monitor and control project cost budgets
- Be familiar with and actively participate in change control procedures
- A working knowledge of risk management in project delivery.
- Ideally be able to demonstrate experience of managing projects throughout its lifecycle
- Ideally experience in contract procurement and works contract administration
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.