Senior Process Engineer
Location: County Durham
Job Type: Full time
We are a fully integrated design and construction business that harnesses the contracting strength of JN Bentley and the design specialisms of Mott MacDonald. As an employee owned company, we place great emphasis on our people, who have made us a multiple award-winning partner for many UK water companies.
We are looking for a talented water or wastewater process engineer to join our growing team. As an experienced process engineer for Mott MacDonald Bentley you will be working in a creative and challenging environment. Your role will involve working collaboratively within a design and build team with responsibility for leading and delivering the process design of multiple water and/or wastewater projects across our Northumbrian Water, Yorkshire Water and United Utilities frameworks. This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your technical and management skills, grow your professional network, and provide you with excellent long-term potential to advance your career.
Our flexible working environment will allow you to work from home, office and on site to suit your needs and the needs of your projects, and we will provide you with the support you require to develop personally and professionally in a dynamic design-and-construct environment.
- Work collaboratively with members of the MMB and client project teams and contribute to creating a positive and engaging environment.
- Supervise the work of more junior process engineers, providing technical and professional guidance to aid their development.
- Contribute to driving an excellence and 'right first time' culture in the team, including identifying and helping to address any competency gaps in the process design.
- Deliver process engineering design, including process calculations, mass balance, process flow diagrams and input to control philosophies.
- Manage design quality control processes, and checking and reviewing the work of others.
- Contribute to the identification and development of affordable and low carbon solutions, including risk management.
- Proactively engage with the supply chain and produce technical specifications for procuring proprietary process equipment.
- Support engagement with suppliers and subcontractors and undertake technical reviews of their design/equipment.
- Understand our client's standards and support the Design Lead and team to ensure that the process design outputs comply with the required standards and quality requirements, to achieve client acceptance.
- Support the Project Leader and Design Lead in technical meetings with our clients to achieve acceptances.
- Support the development and execution of the commissioning plan, including testing and acceptance and provide input to commissioning as required.
- Manage safety, wellbeing, environment and sustainability within your designs.
- Positively engage with our clients to develop relationships and influence, and to enhance our reputation and develop a point of difference.
- Identify opportunities to innovate and develop the client's standards to achieve value and efficiencies.
- Engage with the appropriate Mott MacDonald Practices and develop relationships with the wider Mott MacDonald Group to enhance yours and MMB's performance.