Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
As a Civil Engineer and Project Leader for Mott MacDonald Bentley you will be working in a creative and challenging environment, delivering a wide range of projects across our Northumbrian Water, Yorkshire Water and United Utilities frameworks. Responsible for the delivery of efficient and sustainable solutions, you will co-ordinate and work with multi-disciplinary project teams from project inception through to completion of construction.
As a member of Mott MacDonald you will be able to draw on the experience and support of a prestigious corporate employer with over 16,000 staff world-wide. Working within our MMBC Unit your projects will also benefit from the early contractor involvement that comes from our fully integrated JN Bentley construction delivery teams, where you will provide solutions that are practical, safe to build and safe to operate.
Our flexible working environment will allow you to work from home, office and on site to suit your needs and the needs of your projects, and we will provide you with the support you require to develop personally and professionally in a dynamic Design-and-Construct environment.
Your work as a Project Leader will include the following activities:
- Leading delivery for the outline and detailed design of multi-disciplinary water and wastewater schemes for our Northumbrian Water, Yorkshire Water and United Utilities framework clients.
- You will manage the design cost and programme to ensure that the design is completed within budget and on time.
- You will manage the quality of the technical output produced by the project team.
- You will co-ordinate the work of other members of the design team to ensure it is produced on time.
- You will support the work of more junior staff and encourage their development.
- You will work closely and collaboratively with the construction team to develop efficient, practical and safe solutions throughout the design stages and through to completion of construction.
- You will positively engage with the Client, managing relationships and adopting a One-Team approach to support them in achieving their aims.
- You will provide design support to the site team during the construction stage and will be integral in contributing towards successful project close-outs and post-project reviews.
Whether a new graduate or an experienced career professional, we will support your development in technical, management or commercial/client-facing directions, or a combination thereof - you will have control of your own career path.