Estimating and Cost Intelligence Sector Lead
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Estimating and Cost Intelligence Sector Lead you will be responsible for establishing sector specific Business Development Strategies with Sector Portfolio Leads at a regional, national and international level. You will also take a leading role in establishing and maintaining client relationships which focus on technically excellent delivery. You will work with our Technical Principal and Practice Lead to drive training and development outcomes across the practice and ensure our people remain at the forefront of technically excellent, digitally focussed and innovative delivery.
A bit about the team
Mott MacDonald's Estimating and Cost Intelligence function is a dedicated practice of almost 100 estimating and cost intelligence professionals operating across the Transport, Water, Environment, Energy and Defence sectors. Owing to substantial growth and a pipeline of exciting opportunities, we are structuring our Senior Leadership Team to appoint dedicated Sector leads to take ownership and accountability for the continued evolution of our service offerings into new clients and markets, as well as our relentless drive for excellence.
What you will contribute to the team:
- Support development and delivery of client outcome, growth and financial targets within sector specific Business Development Plans.
- Overall line-management responsibility for sector dedicated Estimating and Cost Intelligence practitioners.
- Resource allocation and workload balancing across complex portfolio of multi-client requirements.
- Operational liaison with Portfolio Sector Lead (or delegates) as well as engineering and other Client stakeholders.
- Accountable for continued data capture, curation and allocation strategy into central data tool to ensure our Do-Check-Benchmark-Approve governance approach is adhered to.
- Senior Leadership Team duties including continued reporting on resourcing, training and development, financial, systems, data, health, safety and wellbeing and values.
- Managing bids, including pre-positioning, end-to-end bid management and bid writing.
- Achieving strategic growth targets.
- Report writing to executive and regulatory level.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence