Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We're looking for an experienced archivist, keen to channel their talent and enthusiasm, as part of our newly created marketing operations team. This person will deliver operational excellence across our heritage materials, working very closely with our business units, sectors, practices, marketing and other internal teams and external partners across the global business.
As a Heritage Archivist you will be responsible for;
- Answering queries - assisting our global team to access our heritage: finding relevant projects in our archive that support new business, office openings and telling our story effectively
- Driving projects - pulling data from our archive that reflects current/new ideas
- Acquiring/logging materials - collating/scanning and storing imagery and physical documents and artefacts - grouping into relevant themes, geographies and sectors
- Creating engagement and enthusiasm amongst our global team for the discovery, protection and use of heritage material
- Processing existing digitised material
- Research into the archive, to produce company histories, biographies and blog posts (for internal and external use)
- Developing and implementing heritage policies in line with external best practice, for both existing heritage and the heritage we are creating today and in the future
- Building partnerships with archive functions in client organisations, partner companies and the charitable and public sectors, to support our commercial relationships
Required for the position of Heritage Archivist;
- You'll want to get to grips with our people and processes to discover and tell our story, with a view to winning work, engendering pride among our colleagues, and attract new recruits.
- We expect you to have a postgraduate qualification in archives or records management accredited by the ARA, plus demonstrable in-depth experience in an archivist/information management role - preferably within the professional services/built environment industries.
- Highly developed organisational skills - able to prioritise and manage tasks within a given timescale and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic collaborator, with great relationship-building skills - somebody who can develop strong networks and build trust.
- Curious and full of questions, keen to interpret and share, and with a positive, can-do approach to turn ideas into action.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.