Planner - Highways
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Reporting to the Head of Project Controls, the role will be responsible for developing and maintaining robust control of the capital investment schedule across. This includes providing active support the project and programme team(s) in all planning and reporting activities. This role would suit a collaborative individual with great leadership and communication skills who enjoys multi-tasking, loves a busy working environment and thrives under pressure.
- The role has the following parameters, working in tandem with our Project Control Specialists
- Ensure that capital investment programme schedule information is accurate and timely
- Establish the scope and work breakdown structure for the capital delivery schedule, including the capture of key assumptions
- Define and control the schedule baseline for our capital delivery schedule and project, programme and portfolio levels, ensuring that they incorporate learning from previous projects and is realistic/achievable. Work closely with the Project Controls Specialists to ensure that the schedule, budget and risk/contingency baselines are consistent and integrated
- Establish and maintain the framework for maintaining the schedule interdependencies between projects, programmes and portfolios
- Establish and maintain the framework for forecasting critical resources - to enable the identification and mitigation of bottlenecks
- Establish, maintain and continuously improve the framework for template schedules, schedule activity norms and standard work
- Establish, maintain and continuously improve the framework for schedule risk assessment, contingency and mitigation
- Critically review and assess all schedules, investment papers and change requests - making recommendations to our Investment Committee (including confidence on deliverability)
- Ensure that schedule progress is regularly reviewed and reported, identifying risks, issues and opportunities
- Oversee the schedules that are being reported by project and programme managers, ensuring that the underpinning schedules from our supply chain are well defined and accurately reported
- Produce and continuously improve schedule management information as part of our monthly reporting cycle
- Establish and continuously improve the planning standards, processes and procedures required to effectively control the plan
- Retain records and historic data for future reference and protection of the business
- Act as business owner for the planning systems and processes
- Establish service level agreements with all internal customers for planning activities
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence