Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
You will undertake mechanical design across all design stages of water and wastewater schemes both infrastructure and non-infrastructure as part of a multi-disciplinary team. We work on design projects for many of the UK water utility companies, as well as providing specialist consultancy services to many regulated and industrial clients in the UK and overseas.
Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing the interfaces and integration of the mechanical design with that of other disciplines
- Undertaking asset condition surveys
- Managing and contributing to the preparation of design deliverables (such as drawings for plant general arrangements, documentation, schedules and design reports) to achieve the correct time / cost / quality balance for the project
- Business development including providing specialist support to our account leaders and practices, and leading on proposals and tenders in the water and wastewater fields
- Programme and financial management of small to medium sized projects with a MEICA bias
- Line management responsibility for a number of mechanical engineering staff, playing a key role in their professional development
- Supporting the development of the mechanical engineering team
We are seeking a chartered mechanical engineer who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- An in-depth knowledge of the layout and interconnectivity of typical water and wastewater treatment works processes and equipment including pumping systems
- Strong communication skills to interact with other engineering disciplines and clients, and on occasions lead the team
- Ability to produce clear and concise mechanical design deliverables across all design stages of a project
- Ability to manage design delivery and project manage
- Leadership skills to manage and motivate individuals to consistently deliver
- Willingness to contribute to and develop technical knowledge networks
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions
- Flexibility to travel within the UK and overseas would be advantageous to help support our UK and international workload
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
We are looking for a talented senior mechanical engineer to play a pivotal role within our water and wastewater treatment design team. This team is responsible for delivering all aspects of water and wastewater treatment projects, from feasibility to detailed design.
The Water Consultancy Division is widely seen as the core of our water and wastewater delivery capability, providing support to colleagues across our global business, and offering the best opportunities to get involved in diverse and technically challenging work. This also offers the candidate access to industry recognised experts in many fields to provide support and career development opportunities.
Our highly successful water consultancy business continues to win and deliver a fantastic amount of work across the UK and international markets. As a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with relevant experience in water and waste water treatment to join our multidisciplinary design team in various locations. This position can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis and we are open to discussing flexible working.
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.