Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As CDM Consultant, you will carry out the following key responsibilities:
- Managing the implementation of Safetibase (design risk management system) for the Design Joint Venture (DJV) sub-lot.
- Reviewing and feeding back to DJV design team on CDM design risk assessments, including promoting best practice, identification of leading indicators and top risks to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensuring the DJV sublot are complying with their legal responsibilities relating to CDM where they are managing design
- Ensuring the DJV sublot are complying with HS2's arrangements and processes relating to CDM for
- Ensuring PCI is being managed by the DJV sublot.
- Participating in design reviews, with a specific focus on CDM compliance including ensuring the principles of prevention have been applied by the DJV sublot.
- Providing guidance and advice to the DJV sublot relating to CDM.
- Cooperating and communicating with the DJV CDM manager (as part of the core team) through regular meetings and correspondence.
- Providing CDM and Safetibase training to the sublot.
- Checking DJV sublot design risk assessments (prepared by others) ready for onward transfer to BBV/HS2/third parties utilising Safetibase
- Providing input to the BBV as-built process relating to residual risk
- Maintaining Safetibase for the DJV sublot (noting responsibility for input of risks and preliminary assessment into Safetibase and transfer to the construction team remains the responsibility of the design teams)
- Providing input to SL CDM workshops at detailed design stages
- Providing design review comments, particularly relating to CDM compliance
- Communicating lessons learned relating to CDM within sublots, across sub lots and to the DJV CDM manager
- Regular liaison and support to the DJV CDM manager
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence