Office Coordinator & Team Administrator
Job Type: Full time
New Year, New Location, New Role - Come join us in our new Norwich Offices as we look to strengthen our already flourishing consultancy team with support running this bustling office space.
We have a dual-role opportunity based in our new office facilities in Norwich.
Are you an experienced Office/Facilities professional seeking a new challenge?
Do you have experience of providing administrative support to a team?
The role is office-based and you will initially work closely with our Cambridge Facilities Team and then report directly to the Area Premises Manager. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring the office complies with Group's standards and local legislation
- Ensuring a welcoming & safe environment for our people & visitors to work within
- Ensuring the office is kept clean & tidy including compliance with our clear desk policy
- Ensuring workstations & meeting rooms are set up correctly and in working order
- Arranging emergency procedures including fire, security and first aid
- Assisting the Office Director with the production of the Office Continuity Plan
- Maintaining the catering supplies for the office
- Coordinating car parking arrangements including visitor parking
- Undertaking office risk assessments
- Reviewing office risk assessments after substantial changes or at least annually
- Identifying hazards and completing actions to mitigate their risk.
Health, Safety and Security, Information Security and Environment
- Ensuring staff and visitors are made aware of and follow Health, Safety and Security procedures in the office
- Managing staff, visitor and contractor entry to the premises
- Ensuring all accidents and near misses, plus Health, Safety and Security, Environmental and Information Security incidents are reported
- Ensuring all reported incidents are recorded and investigated appropriately
- Cooperating with Safety Managers in monitoring Health, Safety and Security and Environmental performance
- Undertaking an annual Environmental Impact Assessment
- Updating office procedures for Health, Safety and Security, Environment and Information Security annually
- Co-ordinating Fire Wardens, First Aid Cover and Mental & Wellbeing Health Champions
- Liaising with local enforcement bodies as necessary.
Outside Services Suppliers
- Procuring office services and supplies using centrally preferred supplier lists and providing feedback on performance
- Planning and managing attendance to the office of outside services/maintenance
- Undertaking monthly inspections of the office using the Monthly Office Inspection Checklist, recording and acting upon findings. Monitoring progress of any improvement actions
- Ensuring a welcoming and safe environment for our people and visitors to work in
- Be the key point of focus for all things office related
- Ensuring the efficient management of the office and delivery of a business support service that meets the needs of the company's support functions
- Responsibility for the front desk and looking after the offices including inductions, meeting & greeting
- Responsible for maintaining records for archiving
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining records of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Responsible for issuing general communication pieces to the Norwich office staff
- Responsible for ordering stationery and IT peripherals for the office
- Arranging travel and accommodation for staff from time to time using our travel portal
- Arranging and co-ordinating office events
- Conducting right to work checks for new starters by checking passport and visa documents
- Arranging travel and accommodation for Norwich staff and across the business where necessary as well as travel of some senior staff to the Norwich Office
- Supporting the Divisional Executive Assistant and other Administration Team colleagues
- Diary management
- Assisting with webinars and presentations
As an Office Coordinator you will be focused on operational activities for the office ensuring staff and visitors enjoy a great experience when attending our premises. In this role you will be responsible for compliance with all mandatory procedures under Mott MacDonald's Business Management System, namely health, safety, security, information security, and office environmental management.
The role is office-based and you will initially work closely with our Cambridge Facilities Team and then report directly to the Area Premises Manager.
As an experienced Team Administrator working in our Norwich office, you will be working closely with our Divisional Executive Assistant for the London and South-East Division. This is a key support role not only for the Norwich office but for the wider division of which there are circa 450 staff.
Desirable skills for this dual role:
- Previous experience in an Office/Facilities management role
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff and visitors through, phone, email and in person
- Proficient in MS office applications
- Able to work as part of teams and independently
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety management in the context of an office environment or willingness to learn
- Previous experience of a similar role would be preferable
- Be prepared for a very varied role
- Know what is and deliver good customer service and be a good communicator both written and verbally with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail. Demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively with staff across the business in various roles
- Excellent IT skills being conversant with MS Office packages
- Excellent organisational skills and flexible to the ever-changing evolution of the business
- Pride in your work and showing compassion towards your colleagues
- Tolerance for routines and capability to build processes from scratch
- Ability to keep calm and patient even in challenging situations to resolve immediate problems and deliver long term solutions.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.