Asset Strategy and Investment Planning Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Asset Strategy and Investment Planning Advisor
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Typical duties and responsibilities may include:
- Supporting or leading the delivery of a wide range of asset management advisory projects
- Writing business cases for Clients
- Supporting asset management capability assessments and identifying areas for improvement
- Supporting preparation of proposals
- Data analysis to support project delivery
- Writing Client reports
- Project and budget management
- Mentoring of graduate members of the team
You will have experience in two or more of the following (for candidates in the early stage of their career we would be looking for someone with an eagerness to develop in the areas):
- Asset planning or asset strategy including preparation of regulatory business plans
- Risk assessment and management
- Investment appraisal, cost benefit analysis and investment programme optimisation
- Resilience assessment and planning
- Developing decision support tools
- Performance monitoring/reporting
- Some experience/knowledge of ISO 55000 or another ISO standard
- Knowledge of risk-based methods of investment planning
Required skills and experience:
- Some industry experience in asset management in a water company or consultancy
- Critical thinking
- Ability to write and present a clear logical business case
- Analytical skills including proficiency in relevant software tools
- Attention to detail.
- Some project management, client liaison and consulting skills
- Willingness to undertake assignments throughout the UK, as well as short international visits
- Degree qualified
- Desired skills and experience:
- Asset management certificate or diploma
- Assurance/audit experience including experience of ISO auditing.
- Understanding of formal continuous improvement techniques.
- Chartership with a relevant professional institution
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
Our asset management and investment planning team provide advisory services to a wide range of clients including utilities, regulators, multilateral and commercial lenders, government organisations and research bodies. We work in the water sector and with other infrastructure providers both in the UK and internationally.
We are looking to grow the team and consider candidates of all levels. You will be working alongside our senior asset management advisory team supporting the delivery of a wide range of client projects, which will provide you with the ideal opportunity to develop your understanding of a broad range of asset management areas, including strategic and tactical planning for regulated utilities.
We are looking for someone who wants a long-term career in Asset Management, becoming a full Member of the Institute of Asset Management and managing their own projects.
Environmental and social considerations are central to Mott MacDonald's Purpose and its offerings across all sectors and territories. Our environment and social business provides essential services and innovative solutions which anticipate our clients' needs across all sectors.
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence