Senior Process Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Mott MacDonald Bentley Construction (MMBC) is the design and build unit of global engineering consultancy Mott MacDonald. An employee-owned company with a team of design, construction, and commercial professionals we offer a unique and friction-free design and build service to water companies across the UK. A Design Lead may also take the lead on a uniquely complex or high-value project.
As a Senior Process Engineer Design Lead, you will be accountable for the design of a programme of water and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects through the outline and detailed design, construction, commissioning, and handover. You will be responsible for building a project team comprised of electrical, mechanical, process, and civil designers who will support your Project Leader. You will identify and mitigate resource constraints to enable project teams to complete the design to programme and within budget.
Design Leads work closely with a Contract Manager and a Quantity Surveyor as a Delivery triangle. The Delivery triangle works as a team to deliver the traditional Programme Management duties. This structure reinforces the integration of design and construction whilst providing a support network to individuals. This triangle structure between design, construction and commercial disciplines is maintained at all levels throughout MMBC.
- Provide technical assurance of process designs for projects within your programme and ensure the design complies with Thames Water standards and industry best practices.
- Embed a positive and honest environment for your team where everyone is challenged and encouraged to reach their potential.
- Analyse project performance and identify risks that may impact project delivery. Develop mitigation to avoid negative impacts or exploit opportunities.
- Understand and administer the contract when change occurs. You will be responsible for maintaining the contract programme during design and handover.
- Challenge the process selection and delivery effectiveness of your team to ensure we always offer Thames Water the best value solutions. We aim to be their trusted partner of choice.
- Provide direction and oversight of project controls and ensure your teams understand and comply with quality, programme, and cost requirements.
- Line manage your team and their utilisation. Identify skills gaps and work with other areas of the business to support where projects require. Take an active role in recruitment.