Senior Process Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Mott MacDonald Bentley Construction (MMBC) is the design and build unit of global engineering consultancy Mott MacDonald. An employee-owned company with a team of design, construction, and commercial professionals we offer a unique and friction-free design and build service to water companies across the UK. Our Design Leads are responsible for between one and three Project Leaders and are accountable for delivering a programme of work.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer Design Lead, you will be accountable for the design of a programme of water and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects through the outline and detailed design, construction, commissioning, and handover. Non-infrastructure projects improve clean and wastewater treatment plants while infrastructure projects improve the network between the treatment plants and Thames Water customers.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will ensure electrical designs in your programme comply with Thames Water standards and industry best practices. Design Leads work closely with a Contract Manager and a Quantity Surveyor as a Delivery triangle. The Delivery triangle works as a team to deliver the traditional Programme Management duties. This structure reinforces the integration of design and construction whilst providing a support network to individuals. This triangle structure between design, construction and commercial disciplines is maintained at all levels throughout MMBC and is one of our great strengths.
- Provide technical assurance of LV/HV electrical designs for projects within your programme and ensure they comply with Thames Water standards.
- Embed a positive and honest environment for your team where everyone is challenged and encouraged to reach their potential.
- Understand and administer the contract when change occurs. You will be responsible for maintaining the contract programme during design and handover.
- Challenge the engineering solutions and delivery effectiveness of your team to ensure we always offer Thames Water the best value solutions. We aim to be their trusted partner of choice.
- Provide direction and oversight of project controls and ensure your teams understand and comply with quality, programme, and cost requirements.
- Line manage your team and their utilisation. Identify skills gaps and work with other areas of the business to support where projects require. Take an active role in recruitment.