Job Type: Full time
Mott Macdonald Bentley Construction (MMBC) is the design and build unit of global engineering consultancy Mott Macdonald. We need a Civil Engineer Project Leader to support us deliver work for the UK's largest water company, Thames Water.
We believe the best engineering projects are delivered by engineers, so we combine the traditional Project Manager and Civil Engineer roles into a single, Project Leader role.
- Lead the design of water and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects through the outline and detailed design, construction, commissioning, and handover.
- Be responsible for the civil design of your project including, but not limited to, hydraulic analysis of gravity and pressure systems, design of reinforced concrete slabs, crane pads, and thrust blocks.
- Coordinate the project team comprising Electrical, Mechanical and Process designers and ensure designs are completed on programme, within budget, and to the quality defined by Thames Water specifications.
- Work as part of a Project triangle alongside a Site Manager and Quantity Surveyor.
- Build positive relationships with the Thames Water Technical Assurance team and promote a "one-team" approach.
- Support and mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Occasionally visit sites across the Thames Valley Region (costs incurred are recoverable).