Job Type: Full time
Mott Macdonald Bentley Construction (MMBC) is the design and build unit of global engineering consultancy Mott Macdonald. We need an Electrical Engineer Project Leader to support us deliver work for the UK's largest water company, Thames Water.
We believe the best engineering projects are delivered by engineers, so we combine the traditional Project Manager and Electrical Engineer roles into a single, Project Leader role.
- Lead the design of water and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects through the outline and detailed design, construction, commissioning, and handover.
- Be responsible for the electrical design of your project including, but not limited to, single line diagrams, P&ID, equipment compliance with DSEAR assessment, load schedule, cable sizing, control philosophy, and lightning protection.
- Coordinate the project team comprising Civil, Mechanical and Process designers and ensure designs are completed on programme, within budget, and to the quality defined by Thames Water specifications.
- Work as part of a Project triangle alongside a Site Manager and Quantity Surveyor.
- Build positive relationships with the Thames Water Technical Assurance team and promote a "one-team" approach.
- Support and mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Occasionally visit sites across the Thames Valley Region (costs incurred are recoverable).