Rail Civil Engineer
Location: South Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Rail Civil Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Technical package leadership of civil engineering design projects
- Delivery, checking and approval of feasibility, outline and detailed design packages
- Contributing to effective project delivery through robust programme & resource management and change control on work packages
- Adding value through innovation, challenging client requirements and focus on Minimum Viable Product
- Mentoring engineers and apprentices in their professional development
- Contributing to tenders
We are particularly interested in speaking to applicants who have experience in railway stations and demonstrating NTSN compliance.
The team operates an agile working policy with the expectation that around 50% of your time will be spent in the Manchester or Altrincham office, fluctuating as required to suit business and individual needs.
- CEng/IEng MICE/MIStructE
- Broad experience in rail civil engineering design
- Proficient in working in accordance with industry design standards, e.g. Eurocodes, BS, Network Rail, RGS
- Technical expertise in civil engineering field
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work both independently and closely with Design Team members
- Ability and enthusiasm to provide technical supervision to engineers, technicians and apprentices
- Ability to take full responsibility for design decisions and quality of deliverable / package
- Ability to solve complex problems independently within your field of expertise
- Previous CRE appointment
- Experience of rail design delivery
- Experience of design delivery on Design and Build projects
- Experience in multi-disciplinary project delivery
- Other technical and design management skills that can add value to our team
- Experience in bridge renewals and strengthening/repairs
- Proficient in operating BIM/CAD software packages for engineering purposes (e.g. model/drawing reviews, basic amendments, check/approval workflows)
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need. #LI-MP1
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.