Internal Engagement & Communication Manager
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
You will be part of our Unit Marketing team while working directly to the Unit General Manager, the Unit Development manager and our Senior Leadership Team on your areas of responsibility. You will also form part of the wider IEC network under the guidance of the Regional IEC Manager, working alongside our marketing and graphic design teams.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Creating and implementing a unit IEC plan to help drive our business priorities.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders to understand, identify and advise on engagement opportunities and requirements.
- Business partnering with leaders and business teams with IEC advice, support and creative guidance to help them achieve their communication and marketing objectives.
- Working closely with regional IEC and marketing teams to ensure the repurpose and delivery of group and regional campaigns, enabling maximum impact and return on investment.
- Driving standardisation and efficiency in processes, day-to-day working, collateral, working relationships and communication plans via templates, best practice and innovation.
- Working closely with regional IEC team in creating a community of practice of IEC professionals within the unit and conceiving, implementing and managing the training, coaching, mentoring and learning and development of the regional IEC community.
Required for the position of Internal Engagement & Communication Manager;
- Conceiving, executing and monitoring engaging multi-channel internal communication and marketing campaigns.
- Editing and writing engaging and informative written communication and high-quality presentations.
- Identifying key messages and translating information into accessible content.
- Management of internal communication channels and the measurement of their success.
- Applying a brand's 'tone of voice' effectively.
- Organising and hosting internal events.
- Emotional intelligence, communicating and working effectively with different stakeholders, including executive, technical and creative teams.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
Preferred, but not required
- Foundation degree, HND or degree in a communication or marketing area.
- Qualification or certification from a relevant body such as IOIC or CIPR.
For a more detailed job description please click 'apply now'
While this role can be located in any of our UK offices, Glasgow is our preferred location to co-locate with our unit marketing team. A flexible approach and routine travel to different locations across the UK will be required.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.