Senior Stakeholder and Public Liaison Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
The role advertised is within the Social and Stakeholder Team, part of the Environment & Social Division at Mott MacDonald. We are looking for suitable individuals to fulfil key roles in our expanding Social and Stakeholder Team within the Environment and Social Division. You will develop and manage project-based stakeholder communications to ensure diverse stakeholder groups including local communities are fully informed of major infrastructure proposals on behalf of clients including government departments, local authorities, National Highways and HS2.
You will likely have five to eight year's experience of stakeholder communications, stakeholder and consultation and have an excellent understanding of relevant activities required to help progress major infrastructure projects from project start through to planning consent and construction.
- Developing and managing major infrastructure project stakeholder communications, engagement and consultation strategies
- Management of client relationships
- Leading development and maintenance of positive relationships within integrated project teams
- Engaging with project stakeholder managers to ensure stakeholder and customer views are understood
- Developing and managing positive stakeholder relationships
- Managing stakeholder objections
- Line management of members of the Social and Stakeholder Team
- Experience of stakeholder communications, stakeholder and consultation
- Extensive knowledge of major infrastructure planning legislation and how that applies to stakeholders
- High standard of verbal and written communications
- Attention to detail and good proofing skills
- Quality assurance experience
- Understanding of stakeholder messaging and effective channel use
- Strong management / interpersonal / people skills
- Ability to work in a fluid and fast environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people